Shein App Review + Tips
Today we’re talking all about the Shein App and how to find the best things from Shein.com. If you want all my tips for finding the best things on Shein, be sure to snag the bonus at the bottom of the page.
What is Shein?
Have you shopped on Shein.com before?
This fast fashion giant out of China has been rapidly growing since it’s founding in 2008. By 2013 it had transitioned from Sheinside.com to Shein and had 100 employees. In May 2021, the Shein app was the most downloaded shopping app in the US, overtaking Amazon (for that month, according to TechCrunch).
The inventory on Shein can be very overwhelming and it feels a bit like treasure hunting. But, if you’re willing to hunt, you can find gems at a fraction of the price you’ll find them elsewhere.
Shopping on Shein is not new to me (I’ve been a customer since 2012) but the app provides a new way to browse.
How does the Shein App work?
You can download the Shein app for IOS and android from the app store. After that, you create or sign into your Shein account (using your email and password). If you’re logged in, your cart and wishlist sync with whatever you’ve added to your cart while on your computer.
You can navigate between categories, view APP exclusive sales, and check out the daily drops.
Why you should use the Shein App:
- Easy way to scroll through Shein’s high number of listings: It is just easier to scroll through large numbers of pieces on a smaller phone screen. When navigating through all Shein has to offer, the app is great.
- Get access to specific sales available only on the app: Shein usually runs rotating 50% off promotions on a handful of items if you are shopping on the app. You can find the APP exclusive sale items on the second navigation bar when you open the app (see the picture). Note that only certain colors are 50% off and they’re usually the bright/bold colors. I’ve found that if I add the sale items on the app, I can place the order on my computer and still get the sale price (but I can’t find the list of 50% off app items on the computer).
- Save things to your wishlists: If you catch yourself with a few minutes, you can scroll through new arrivals or the sale sections, adding items to your cart or wishlist to go through later.
- Look through similar items: There are THOUSANDS of items in each category and I find it hard to narrow down the items. One thing that works well is clicking on an item you like and then viewing the similar items suggested below it. Keep scrolling past the reviews and you’ll come to the “You May Also Like” section.
- Browse through collections: Shein has begun launching brands within their platform and collaborating with designers for small collections. The app gives you an easy way to browse new collections.
- Get points: Shein rewards you with points that can be applied toward purchases just for checking in on your app each day (one point per day). You also get points for leaving reviews, shopping, and having people like your reviews.
You can download the app here.
You might also like:
- 3 best Shein dresses to take you from summer to fall
- 7 best things to order on Shein this week
- Is Shein Legit? Review + Tips before you order
I am surprised that you promote a company like Shein. If you research it, you can find that
Shein uses manufacturing practices that are not environmentally friendly. They are not transparent in their in their social responsibility. All in all, they are a company to be avoided.
I read that workers in China who make clothing for Shein are exploited. I will not buy Shein fashion.