Why hello Tuesday. I am truly loving how much sweeter pregnancy is getting. After weekends away there aren’t full days of recovery anymore and my mornings start of with nutella toast instead of gingerale.
Here’s a little happy list for today:
- We spent the weekend in Cincinnati with some of our best friends in their beautiful new home. The combination of the sweetest children, the best of friends, and a gorgeous space (and you know, good food) made for some wonderful days. The girls spent Saturday picking out furniture for their new place and my goodness did it make me excited to furnish a house!
- My little sister tells the tiny one in my stomach that she loves it each time we get off the phone.
- The Saks outlet was having a “buy one get two free sale” on Friday on my drive back from Hanna Anderssen opening. Yeah, I thought I read wrong the first time too. I came home with clothes for Ben and shoes for me because clothes shopping is pretty low on things I get excited about these days (knowing that nothing will fit in a month, or maybe a week, means justifying non-maternity purchases is impossible).
- I’m 17 weeks along! Seventeen is my very favorite number and you can see a little baby bump in this outfit on instagram here. Symptoms have been generally improving as long as I eat and drink enough water. Having great smelling candles around helps a bit too.
- I’m so grateful for friends who share their sweet moments of motherhood. I can see that its a lot of work and I’ve heard many worst case scenarios… But, I am thankful for the reminders of the simple joys this next step holds.
- Happiest moment of the week: feeling the baby kick. I think its probably happened a few times now but I can’t be quite sure – one time, early in the morning after Ben had left for work, there was a definite kick though 😀
One more for the list: This Color Block Party Skirt from Stripes and Polka Dots