- I am feeling beyond pregnant at this point and I appreciate the comments from strangers that I will not make it to my due date (so when this baby shows up two weeks late I’m not sure what I’ll do!).
- We had gorgeous fifty degree (albeit cloudy) weather this weekend and are hoping it means that this year wont be anything like last winter. Ben was outside raking leaves in a tee shirt (guys, we have a yard in which to rake leaves!) and it was possible to run errands in light jackets without freezing to death. I keep telling Ben I love winter…but I’m starting to think maybe I don’t.
- We got our very first Christmas tree (pictures coming once we put lights and ornaments on it, promise — we used all of our lights on our outdoor tree so that we weren’t one of the only houses without any Christmas lights up). It makes the front of the house smell amazing and Ben informed we we aren’t taking it down till mid January. You won’t hear me complaining.
- All of the rooms in the house are functional (other than the nursery) and we got all of our appliances (other than a garbage disposal) sorted out/purchased/planned. It’ll be nice not to be running back to the apartment to do laundry and not wash every single dish by hand (reminds me of our first year of marriage and that year with no dishwasher…glad it’s only temporary this time).
- At one point last week I went to the grocery store and only purchased things from the produce section (well, and orange juice). I felt like a health nut.
- Then there was Sunday, where we might have had leftover pizza for lunch and ramen for dinner.
- I’ve given up on decorating everything before the baby gets here. As long as everything has a place and we get a few things hung on the walls, I’ll be happy. We’ll save stripping the floral wallpaper in the guest bath and painting the red fireplace (hey, at least it’s christmassy) for some future date.
- I’ve realized one thing people have strong opinions on is birth. Whether they’ve given birth or they haven’t.
^the cutest new phone case showed up last week from my friend Heidi and I’m in love (from this line)
^people that knew me last year are astounded at how “huge” I am ..whereas most people here in Findlay keep telling me there is no way I am 35 weeks pregnant because I’m so “tiny” — I’ve just decided bodies are amazing things and at this point what it’s doing is far more important than how it looks (now just to remember that every other month of my life)
^I love the detail on this sweater and the knit is so incredibly comfy. It’s actually a nursing sweater (both sides have those little gold zippers) so the plan is to live in it till Spring (good thing it goes perfectly with my new favorite boots too).
If you liked this post, you might also like these: