Mommy + Me Matching Swim on the California Coast
Adelaide’s bottoms + top // My bottoms + top
Sometime soon after we booked our tickets to California for this summer, I realized I hadn’t bought a non-maternity swim suit (or one for something other than a 1 month post-partum body) in FOUR years. And I realized Adelaide didn’t have a swim suit at all.
So, with this week at the coast fast approaching, I hunted for matching swim options (I couldn’t help myself). I came across these darling swimmers from Korni Jeane and couldn’t be more happy with them.
It was a bit difficult narrowing down the style I wanted for the top + bottom piece on their site, but I really love that I could choose coordinating pieces without getting the exact same suit.
Also, I’d never worn high waisted bottoms before and was unsure of how they’d stay up for a day of playing at the beach but I’m happy to report I didn’t have to pull them up at all even though I spent most of the morning chasing after a baby desperately trying to walk.
Speaking of, Adelaide is just days away from taking her first steps and would practice stepping around all day if we let her (just look at that face of determination in some of these photos!).
A few things I want to remember about this first day at the beach with baby Adelaide:
- I walked ankle deep into the ocean when Adelaide nearly jumped out of my arms. I obligingly set her down in the cold water and completely forgot she was not in a swim diaper.
- She could have sat on the soft white sand for hours, feeling it between her fingers and knocking over towers I built.
- She couldn’t decide if she loved the water or hated it. One moment she’d beg to get down and the next (usually when a small wave added a few inches to her seat of water), she’d throw her arms up in the air, asking to be picked up.
- She dropped an animal cracker in the sand, mid-bite. In true second-child fashion, I dusted off most of the sand and put it back in her mouth.
- She slept for a solid 3 hours once we got home. We should probably go to the beach every single morning 😉
If you’re in the market for a new suit this summer (for your and/or your little one), here are a few ordering tips:
- Pick a primary pattern and then decide what style you want to order (there are LOTS of styles and I found it easier to start with a pattern).
- They run TTS for women (I’m wearing a S for reference but wish I would have gotten an XS like their size chart suggested)
- For Adelaide, who is in 12-18 month clothes, I ordered the size 2-3 and it works well. As she lengthens out over the next year she should still be able to fit into it next summer and I’ll get another season of matching out of these 🙂
Omg! How CUTE are you two!? Love this!