The Easiest Cake Mix Cookies
For Ben’s Birthday in June I tried something new. Instead of a cake, I used the cake mix to whip up some cake mix cookies. I read a million recipes (okay, probably like 6) on what to add to a cake mix and after some suggestions, and a bit of trial and error, here’s our favorite. They come out soft and are as delicious the day after as they are fresh out of the oven (and normally I don’t like day-old cookies).
What You’ll Need:
- 1 chocolate cake mix (I usually buy whatever is on sale – most recently I used duncan hines)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I love maxing them with Mexican vanilla)
- 2/3 C white chocolate chips (totally optional)
- powder sugar, for sprinkling
What You’ll Do:
- Combine cake mix, eggs, and oil.
- Stir in chocolate chips if desired.
- Roll balls of dough in a bowl of powdered sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes (depends on the size of the cookies you make and your oven) until the tops of the cookies crinkle.
- Once they’re done, sprinkle with some of the remaining powdered sugar.
- Try not to eat 20 at a time.
**I’ve made them bigger, but my favorite is when they’re small – just about 2.5 inches in diameter.