Packed Morning Muffins: Whole Wheat, Oatmeal, Walnut, and Coconut.
I’m off to girls camp for a week and wanted to share one of the things I’m taking with me! I know I’ve shared a few muffin recipes over the past few months but these take the cake. I used this recipe as a base (but updated the batter so its a little more moist) and then added walnuts, coconut, and chocolate chips. The muffins come out moist enough that they’re really good for a few days (which is why I’m taking them to camp) and they make a perfect breakfast or snack. If you’d like, you can leave out the chocolate chips or replace them with fruit for healthier version.
super easy, quite quick, and delicious
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (I used unsweetened, frozen)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What you’ll do:
- Mix the first nine ingredients together in a bowl. In another bowl (or stand mixer), beat the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients until moistened. [confession, sometimes I mix them all in one huge bowl and it totally works just fine]
- Grease muffin pan and fill each cup till its 2/3 full. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick or fork inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm (makes about 12 so feel free to double it).
Oh, these look AMAZING! I'll need to try them, ASAP!
Those look amazing! Might have to try to make them some time:)
I'm putting these in the oven right now! I substituted applesauce for oil and honey for sugar, so we'll see how it turns out. But the batter is good at least 🙂 Can't wait to try these! Thank you!!