With the summer coming close I’ve started a mental list of all the things I want to check off. After a few months of not wanting to leave the house (or the bathroom floor really), I’m feeling like we have lots to pack in and not nearly enough time! Just a few things I want to make sure happen before the beautiful Fall welcomes another date list of its own:
- Evenings at the Pool: Hardly anyone uses our glorious pool at night and I love heading out there to read while Ben swims in the evenings or for a little poolside dinner. Its casual and low key, but just the kind of nights summer should be made of.
- Drive-in Movie: Ben’s never been to a drive in! Now that the weather has just started to cool down its the perfect time to find one in the middle of these corn fields and settle in for a double feature (and some good making out).
- Ice-cream at Izzy’s: Izzy’s is another local ice cream place we haven’t tried and before it gets chilly (or my pregnant self goes back to thinking she doesn’t like ice cream…that happened for three months) I want to try their frozen custard. If we had a local snowcone place, you bet hitting that up would be on this list too.
- Dinner at an Outdoor Cafe: Downtown Findlay has so many cute places we haven’t explored yet and I’m determined to enjoy at least one more dining experience al fresco before the temps drop.
- Otter-pop Walks: Its basically a crime that we haven’t purchased otter pops (you know, those flavored ice pops that you push up through the plastic and you devoured as a kid?). We’ve been snacking on so many other delicious popsicles this summer (like these and these) but there is something about tradition … and remember back to our college summers when the generic otter pops were our splurge of the week 🙂
- Days at the Fair: We’ve moved to the area of fairs and I can’t wait for the fried dough and ferris wheels (probably because my only experience with fairs is watching movies like The Notebook… Ohioans, forgive me).
- Boats on the River: Findlay is situated on the Blanchard river and we’ve found a little place you can rent kayaks and canoes by the hour. One of these weekends we’ll do it rather than talk about it (with a few good treats packed up for the adventure, of course).
- A Summer Hike: Mountains (or hills for that matter) may be in short supply here but I’m determined to find somewhere we can get active outside for a few hours.