We are missing the warm weather of Florida already and it’s only been 48 hours. Growing up in New England, my family always spent our February break skiing but, after this trip, I’m converted to heading south each winter for some vitamin D.
About a month ago I packed up my non-maternity wardrobe and replaced everything with maternity pieces from my previous pregnancies and a few new things I’ve picked up.
I know some people get away with wearing non-maternity pieces for most of their pregnancy but I am not one of them. I was in maternity jeans by 7 weeks with baby #2 and this pregnancy has been no different (just getting more life out of those maternity clothes, right?).
I have a little while before I can wear this current outfit in Boston but I loved getting to break in some warm weather essentials on our trip this week. We spent most of our time lounging around the house + pool and here are a few notes:
- Ingrid & Isabel consistently has the most comfortable maternity pieces and these shorts are no exception. I imagine lots of pool + beach days in them all summer.
- Maternity swim shopping is hard. Last minute I found my old maternity suits buried in my parent’s basement for this trip and returned the new suits I’d ordered. I’m still on the hunt for a great one.
- It’s worth investing in a few quality maternity pieces because you’ll wear those same things over and over again. I wish I’d splurged on higher end maternity denim my first pregnancy.
- You don’t have to embrace the bump. So much of my maternity wardrobe from previous pregnancies are fitted striped tees that hug every inch of my baby bump. This time I’ve been gravitating toward looser pieces (like this Hatch Maternity top that can be worn not pregnant as well, like all of their pieces). Most of the time my skin is just thrilled not to have so much fabric clinging to it all the time.
Looking for maternity clothes? Check out this list of 30 places to find cute maternity clothes.
sandals: Steven by Steve Madden- I snagged this color on sale on Amazon of all places and have been loving them! They’re a much better price than this designer version. Definitely order 1/2 – 1 size up in these. I usually wear a 6.5 and I’m wearing a 7 here (more cute Steven shoes here)
If you liked this post, you might also like these:
- Where to buy maternity dresses for photos
- Best pregnancy splurges according to 100 moms
- 30 places to buy cute maternity clothes