Today we’re talking all about Good American Jeans in this unsponsored denim review. If you’re on the hunt for the perfect pair of jeans, keep reading. This post may contain affiliate links.
Good American Jeans: A Brand and its Mission
Have you heard of Good American jeans before?
Maybe just the promise that they make your butt look fantastic?
Good American jeans is a denim brand that is all about inclusivity and body positivity. Founded by Khloé Kardashian and Emma Grede in 2016, the brand offers a wide range of sizes (from 00 to 32) and styles to fit every body type. Good American jeans are made with stretch denim that hugs and enhances curves, in theory, making every woman feel confident and comfortable in their own skin. In addition to their commitment to inclusivity, Good American also supposedly prioritizes sustainable and ethical practices in their production process.
The Story Behind Good American Jeans
Khloé Kardashian and Emma Grede founded Good American jeans with the mission to create a denim brand that caters to women of all shapes and sizes. They noticed that there was a lack of inclusivity in the fashion industry and wanted to change that by offering a range of sizes and styles that would fit every body type. Good American jeans was born out of a desire to promote body positivity and empower women to feel confident and beautiful in their own skin.
Why Good American Jeans are So Popular
Good American jeans have become incredibly popular in the last few years for a couple of reasons. They do a great job with their commitment to inclusivity and body positivity. The brand’s wide range of sizes and styles make it accessible to women of all shapes and sizes, and its use of stretch denim ensures that every pair of jeans is comfortable and flattering. But mostly, they just claim to be incredibly flattering. This is due, in part, to the high-rise waistline and super stretch denim that has an elongating and slimming effect.
I love a good high rise jean and wanted to see what all the hype was about.
My experience with Good American Jeans
I decided to put all of this to the test and ordered a few pairs of Good American jeans during the most recent Shopbop Sale. Here’s what I ordered
- Good Classic Bootcut Jean (in white)
- Good Legs Straight Leg Crop (dark wash)
- Good Leg Crop Mini Boot Jeans (light wash)
- GF Heritage Tee (in black and white,)
What I love about my Good American Jeans
Everything. But if you’d like some specifics, let’s break it down.
Stretch: These jeans are so stretchy. Did you ever read (or watch) The Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants? These are those pants. My guess is these pants will work just as well give or take 5 pounds (not something I can say about my Agolde jeans). They were comfortable for flying in and are something I don’t feel like I need to change out of come 5pm.
Quality: They hold up to regular wear and washing. They also hold their shape incredibly well and can go a long time between washes. As long as the pants aren’t actually dirty, I don’t need to wash between wearing. I can usually go 4-5 wears between washing (and usually because a kid spills something on my pants). I thought this wouldn’t be the case because they are such stretchy jeans but I was pleasantly surprised.
Fit: I am also a huge fan of the fit. They are very flattering in a way that most stretch denim isn’t.
Coloring/Style: Good American offers a lot of great styles in their signature fabric and I’ve loved all the ones I’ve tried. Even the pants I returned after my initial order (because they were a little too long and too small) were fantastic.
What I don’t love about my Good American Jeans:
Nothing. Literally nothing.
Okay except for the fact that when they arrived they gave me a small heart attack because they were so small and I thought there was no chance my body would fit in them.
I also wish they were less expensive, obviously. But I will buy another pair.
Good American Jean Sizing:
I read a bit about Good American sizing before I placed my order and read that they ran large. I ordered my smaller size in all three pairs and an additional larger size in the white jeans. When they arrived I took one look at them and decided I’d never fit into them; they looked TINY!
It turns out they really are the magic jeans from The Sisterhood of the Traveling pants because I could get all three pairs on. The white ones were definitely too small (in both sizes). The straight leg dark wash jeans worked and I kept them (but I do wish I would have ordered my regular size instead of my smaller size). The mini bootcut jeans (light wash) fit perfectly.
This tells me that sizing is not consistent across styles and, if you can, order two sizes. My one other piece of sizing advice is the jeans do stretch a bit so don’t be super worried if they’re very tight when you first put them on.
Next on my Good American list:
Here are a few things I’m eying:
- Heritage GF Tee in white: I bought this in black and it is a FANTASTIC t-shirt. I had to return the white because it was too big but it was perfectly thick, a little cropped, and not at all see-through. At $39 this is a great price point for a high quality tee and I’ll be ordering the white.
- Good Legs Crop Mini Bootcut Jeans: I LOVE the light-wash version of these I ordered and have been wearing them non-stop (despite them having the tags on in these pictures). The white crops are perfect for spring/summer and at 5’4″ they are a fantastic length.
- Waist Framer one piece swim: I’ve heard a lot about Good American swimsuits and would love to try this chic one piece
The Most Popular Good American Jeans Styles for Women
Good American jeans offers a wide range of styles, from classic skinny jeans to trendy wide-leg pants. Here are some of the most popular styles that you can find on their website:
- Good Legs: These are classic skinny jeans that are designed to hug your curves and create a sleek silhouette. They come in a variety of washes and colors, from dark indigo to bright white.
- Good Flare: These are flared jeans that offer a retro-inspired look with a modern twist. They are fitted at the top and flare out at the bottom, creating a flattering and elongating effect.
- Good Straight: These are straight-leg jeans that provide a more relaxed and comfortable fit while still looking chic and stylish. They are perfect for everyday wear and come in a variety of washes and colors.
- Good Vintage: These are distressed and faded jeans that have a vintage look and feel. They are perfect for creating a casual and effortless look and are available in a variety of styles, from shorts to flares.
How to Style Good American Jeans
Good American jeans are versatile and can be styled in a variety of ways for different occasions. Here are some tips on how to style your Good American jeans:
- Dress them up with heels and a blazer for a chic and sophisticated look.
- Keep it casual with sneakers and a simple t-shirt for a relaxed and effortless look. Good American makes an incredible tee shirt if you’re in the market. Thick, perfectly cropped, and not-at-all see through.
- Add some edge with a leather jacket and ankle boots for a cool and trendy look.
- Go for a monochromatic look by pairing your Good American jeans with a top in the same color family.
Are Good American Jeans worth it?
I would say yes. These are fantastic, comfortable, flattering jeans that hold up (so far). These are my first two pairs and they won’t be my last. If the price tag is too high, keep an eye on sales or check out Otrium (this discount site has a few pairs of Good American at discounted prices).
Good American Jeans FAQ
Who owns Good American Jeans?
Good American Jeans is co-owned by Khloé Kardashian and Emma Grede. They founded the brand in 2016 with a shared vision of creating inclusive and empowering denim for women of all body types.
Who founded Good American?
Good American was founded by Khloé Kardashian and Emma Grede. Together, they set out to disrupt the fashion industry by creating a brand that embraces diversity and promotes body positivity.
Does Khloé Kardashian own Good American?
Yes, Khloé Kardashian is one of the co-owners of Good American Jeans. She played a significant role in the brand’s inception and continues to be actively involved in its development and promotion.
Is Good American black-owned?
Yes, Good American is considered black-owned. Khloé Kardashian, of Armenian descent, and Emma Grede, the first Black woman Investor on Shark Tank, are the co-owners of Good American. .
Where is Good American sold? Who sells Good American Jeans? Where can I buy Good American Jeans?
In addition to their official website, Good American Jeans can also be found at select high-end department stores, specialty boutiques, and some online retailers. Here are a few:
- Otrium (this discount site has a few pairs of Good American at discounted prices)
- Nordstrom Rack
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Poshmark (a reader tip – just checked and there are tons of listings)
How much is Good American worth?
As of the latest available information, the exact worth of Good American is not publicly disclosed. However, since its launch in 2016, the brand has experienced significant success and growth, becoming a prominent player in the fashion industry, with a loyal customer base and widespread recognition.
Who owns the Good American brand?
The Good American brand is co-owned by Khloé Kardashian and Emma Grede. They are the driving forces behind the brand’s mission of inclusivity and body positivity, and their shared vision has been instrumental in shaping Good American’s success.
Does Good American run small?
Good American jeans are known for their inclusive sizing and are designed to accommodate different body types. However, some customers may find that the jeans run slightly smaller compared to other brands. In my experience, these jeans LOOK small right out of the package but they are so stretchy you’ll be surprised by what actually fits.
When my first pair arrived I thought there was no chance I’d even be able to put them on and was pleasantly surprised (although I do wish I would have ordered my regular size instead of sizing down to my smaller size).
How do Good American jeans fit?
In my experience, the different styles of jeans fit differently. On average they fit true to size and because they are so stretchy, there is a little more flexibility than with a stiff denim.
Where are Good American jeans made?
Good American jeans are manufactured in various locations, including the United States and abroad. The brand maintains a commitment to quality and craftsmanship while ensuring ethical production.
Good American Jeans Discount Code:
Right now it looks like that when new customers sign up for texts you can get $50 off your first pair of jeans! Just go to the Good American website and signup for emails/texts.