Maybe it’s the new year, or maybe it’s been the last three months of hardly cooking (thank you first trimester nausea and exhaustion), but I am feeling extremely motivated to find easy and healthy meals to add into our regular rotation. Cooking new things may be theraputic for some, but it’s a bit stressful for me. On a Tuesday night, come five o’clock, I’m looking for something I can whip up in a couple of minutes that doesn’t involve too many prepackaged things (we’ve been living off frozen food + pasta+ a few freezer meals I made). My goal is to to find 10-15 great veggie packed options this year that I can make in 20 minutes and will save the laborious kitchen work for the weekends.
I’ve spent plenty of time browsing pinterest, but in effort to get away from my screens (especially after 8 pm, another goal for 2016), I’ve also been reading through Real Simple to get some recipe inspiration. All the vibrant veggies and beautiful food photography leave me inspired and motivated and started the craving for chicken caesar wraps.
^not quite as swoon worthy as the images in Real Simple but it has me wanting veggies and its not even 8 am.
^I mixed everything in a bowl (and cut my croutons in half because I like them smaller) and tossed in just a small amount of caesar dressing. I LOVE these wraps but I won’t order them when we’re out because every place I’ve tried them puts on far too much dressing for my taste.
What You’ll Need:
- lettuce blend (we used half romaine and half spinach)
- grape tomato, diced (I used half a tomato and it made three large wraps)
- chicken, shredded
- caesar dressing
- other options: cucumbers, corn, dried cranberries, shredded carrots
- wraps (I use spinach and herbs but my husband informs me it’s more for taste and color because there isn’t that much spinach in them)
What You’ll Do:
- Mix it all in a bowl. Spread on a wrap. Roll it up and enjoy.