This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork. The opinions and text are all mine, just like always.#RealFlavorRealFast @SmithfieldBrand
Have you survived back to school? Enjoyed it? Tell me I’m not the only one who gets a little giddy at all the school supplies lined up in every store right about now?
Things have been a little bit crazy this summer (with moving! And traveling! And spending a month with my parents! And moving again!) and while I loved all of the time and freedom and family, part of me is SO excited to be getting back to a regular schedule this fall.
One thing I’ve been planning for is quick and easy dinners now that Ben is back in school. My criteria is it needs to be something the kids will eat and something I can make without a lot of prep or a lot of time. Someday I’ll enjoy spending an hour and a half cooking dinner but with little kids, this is not that stage.
These pulled pork tacos I whipped up while the family was swimming last week were eaten by everyone from my husband down to my 12 month old and only took about 15 minutes of work in the kitchen. A delicious dinner that is ready in less than 30 minutes!
The big trick is using your stand-mixer to shred your pork. I cut the pork loin into thirds so it would cook faster and then just put the three pieces straight from the oven into the stand-mixer with the paddle attachment. I turned it on medium with the cover and it shreds nicely in about a minute (this same trick works with chicken and I use it all the time!).
You don’t need any seasoning or sauce for these pulled pork tacos because the Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork (find it at Kroger – and ask for a free baby balloon while you’re shopping and your kids will love you) is already seasoned but I do love a good chunky mango or pineapple salsa and guacamole with ours.
On busy nights all you need to pop the pork in the oven half an hour before dinner and then chop up the onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes about fifteen minutes before you need to eat. So easy, right?
You could also make the taco filling for your pulled pork tacos earlier in the day and roll them into enchiladas if you know you won’t have any time to spare right before dinner – just pop the pan in the oven and you’re set.
What You Need For These Easy and Delicious Pulled Pork Tacos:
- 1 Smithfield Marinated Fresh Roasted Garlic and Herb Pork Tenderloin
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 can black beans (use the full can if you’d like), rinsed and drained
- 10 cherry tomatoes, diced (optional – skip this one if you don’t have time or just use a can of diced tomatoes)
- Olive oil
- Tortillas or taco shells (we used soft whole wheat tortillas)
- Mexican cheese blend
- Favorite salsa
- Guacamole or chopped avocado, optional
- Fresh cilantro, optional
What You’ll Do:
- Bake the pork tenderloin according to directions in the oven (I cut mine into three pieces half way through to speed up cooking time).
- Sautee onion, bell peppers, and black beans in olive oil on the stove on medium. Add in tomatoes. Cook for 6 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Shred the tenderloin in stand-mixer and add the tenderloin to onion mixture. Mix well and serve with shredded cheese, avocado, and salsa on tortillas.
See, super easy pulled pork tacos and super delicious (well, you can’t see that part but try them and let me know what you think!). You can also save $1 off one Smithfield product from your local Kroger location: Kroger, Dillons, Food4Less, Fred Meyer, Frys, King Soopers, QFC.