Today I’m talking about my favorite pair of maternity boyfriend jeans and why they’re so great. To give you an idea, I wore them 4 days last week.
I’ve officially hit the stage of pregnancy where I wish I didn’t have to wear clothes at all.
Most days I am so over the skin tight, fitted, bump-emphasizing maternity styles that I really liked during the second trimester. My stretching skin wants room to breathe and I find myself feeling a tiny bit claustrophobic in clothes by the end of the day.
Enter my go-to maternity boyfriend jeans. They are like a breath of fresh air.
What I love about this pair of maternity boyfriend jeans:
- Distressing: The distressing is on point and gives some visual interest.
- Crossover Panel: The best feature on these jeans (aside from the roomy fit) is the crossover belly panel. It is the same patented panel as my favorite workout leggings from Ingrid & Isabel. In comparison to my other maternity jeans, this panel is the perfect middle ground of “tight enough/thick enough to hold up the pants” and “suffocating.”
- Roomy Fit: No real explanation needed here but they’re cute maternity jeans that aren’t skin tight. Win.
What I don’t love:
- no functional front pockets. This far along in pregnancy I’m not looking to store too much in my front pockets but every once in awhile I reach down to put something in and realize I don’t actually have front pockets. Thinking about it now, though, I’m not sure any of my full panel maternity jeans have functional front pockets.
- length: I’m 5’4″ and in a perfect world the leg on these would be an inch or two shorter. The cuffed style makes it work though.
white linen maternity tee: GAP (old, similar here)
maternity distressed boyfriend jeans: Ingrid & Isabel (these are SO comfortable and it is refreshing to have a pair of jeans that isn’t skin tight right now)
woven mules: Splendid (favorite shoe purchase of the year so far – they run tts and come in 3 colors)
grey cardigan: Ingrid & Isabel
watch: Daniel Wellington
You might also like:
- 30 places for cute maternity clothes at all price points
- favorite second trimester purchases
- Post partum changes no one tells you about