“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #ThePitchesatWMT http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
^I ordered this fun lip cookie cutter from amazon
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/3 C shortening
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 C sifted flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C milk
What You’ll Do:
- Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Sift dry ingredients and stir alternately into creamed mixture with milk.
- Roll out dough (I usually do it in two sections) so is about 1/3 of an inch thick (or as desired).
- Cut out with cookie cutters (or the top of a cup if you don’t have any) and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 9 – 12 minutes, until the edges start darkening slightly
A frosting tip: instead of spreading your frosting with a knife, place the frosting in a shallow bowl and dip the cookie in. Its infinitely easier than piping the edges and spreading it smoothly and its how I’ve been frosting cookies for over a decade. Also, I just mix milk and powdered sugar with a small dash of vanilla till I get the consistency I’m looking for. Yesterday I also added a tablespoon of softened butter for a richer frosting taste.
…and one I snapped yesterday of this cute clingy baby yesterday while making cookies – do you now understand why its so hard not to pick him up every time he crawls over?