Today I’m talking all about non-skinny jeans and my hunt to find the perfect pair for fall + winter.
Have you jumped on the non-skinny jean trend yet?
I’m not giving up my skinnies quite yet but looking to branch out a tad.
Straight leg jeans seem a good place to dip my toe in (you know, not committing to the full 90s flares quite yet). My biggest concern was length because, while you can get anything hemmed, I know I probably wont. I was looking for something I can dress up and down but mostly wear for day to day (errands, school pick-up, park dates, dinner with girlfriends).
Here are all the details from the instagram denim try on. I was on the hunt for a great pair of non-skinny jeans that would work on me at 5’4″.
Medium wash, great cropped length! Non-stretch denim that get more comfortable with each wear. Keeping these ones! They are a great versatile jean that you can dress up for down (and a better price point than the Agolde pairs).
Agolde is one my favorite denim brands and the Riley did not disappoint!
I really like this wash (a good transitional wash out of summer that can be worn all year) and the lack of distressing. They feel a bit big (and I sized down here). This is my first time wearing non-stretch denim but if you’re used to stretch, go one full size down (I wear a 25 in the Sophie high rise crop and these are the 24s) .
Rileys High Rise Crop Jeans in Frequency My favorite pair from the haul but too big.
If you like the look but want a pair at a better price point, these are the Amazon jeans I’ve been wearing all summer. Under $50 and come in a couple of washes.
Levis Wedgie Straight Jeans – These were fine but I ordered my regular size and they run big. I didn’t photograph these.
- White Button down: Madewell (size down one full size and you’ll still get the oversized fit, wearing an xxs here)
- Green collared blouse: Shein (favorite top purchase on the season, under $15, wearing an xs )
- Brown strappy Sandals : Amazon (under $30 and comes in three colorways)
- Green Suede pumps: Jimmy Choo – this color is from last fall but the navy suede is available here (more affordable option here)
- Dark green top from the instagram try-on: Amazon