Here are the 10 most worn things from my closet in October. These will be great staples for the rest of fall + winter. This post contains affiliate links.
We’re already into November!
Someone called the holiday season “the weekend of the year” and I feel that. October, November, December are a lot like Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Last month I shared my best purchases of 2023 so far but today I simply have the most worn pieces in my closet for the last month. Some of these are new. Some of them I’ve had for a while. They will all be staples as we head into fall and winter.
- Quince Cocoon Sweater: This is still the most worn sweater in my closet. It is soft, warm, and so cozy. I mostly wear it with leggings or jeans but would also style it with a slip skirt or over a dress.
- Dime Perfume: Not a clothing item but something I put on twice a day, every day. These would make the best gift this holiday season, too.
- Mott & Bow Tee: My husband wears Mott & Bow jeans a couple of days a week and I have really fallen in love with their tees. They’re soft and a bit thin but seem to hold up well. I love layering these under sweaters or cardigans. The vintage white color is my favorite and I recommend sizing up one size.
- H&M Baggy Jeans: I wanted to try this pant style without a designer denim price point. I am surprised at how often I reach for these! They are fun, cute, and comfortable. Plus, you can’t beat the price. I usually wear these with a loafer or ballet flat (tennis shoes gives too much middle-school in the 90s vibes for me).
- AG Flare Jeans: These are fantastic. They are a stretch denim so they’re comfortable (perfect for our dance party last weekend). They are so flattering and fun.
- Free Assembly Jeans: I bought these earlier this year from Walmart and they are still workhorses in my closet. After being worn and washed dozens of times, I can tell they don’t hold up quite as well as my nicer denim. The denim is starting to fade and looks a little more”lived in.” Even so, they have tons of life left and I still wear them weekly. The cropped length is just so easy and the wide-leg silhouette is on trend and comfortable. If you’re in-between sizes, take your smaller size.
- AYR French Fry Tee: If I had a daily uniform, this would be half of it. I own this tee in three colors now and rotate between them many days. I took my regular size and it still gives the perfect oversized fit. Buy it on Amazon or straight from AYR.
- Sweater Dress from Modern Citizen: I bought this for family photos earlier in October and found so many reasons to wear it since. From church for brunch to date night, this elevated basic is fantastic. It is flattering in ways sweater dresses aren’t usually (open neckline and a belted waist) while still being effortless and comfortable.
- Vivaia Loafer: These are my favorite shoe of the fall. They have passed my 100 hour guarantee (and just seem to get more comfortable). I wear them dressed up and just to the playground for school pickup.
- Denim Maxi skirt: I finally jumped on the denim maxi skirt train this fall. I love how versatile this piece is. I don’t feel overdressed wearing this with a tee shirt to school pick-up. I also dressed it up for date night with heeled boots and a blouse. I eyed a few on Shopbop but went with one from H&M when I bought the baggy jeans and am very happy with it.
- Hey June Thickies: My daily earings (that I sleep in, exercise in and hardly ever take off). I wrote a full review of all my Shop Hey June pieces.
- Hey June Necklace: On it’s own, this necklace helps any outfit look a little more polished. It also layers well with other necklaces. Code “ELISABETH” gets you 15% off.
- Quince crossbody bag: I’ve been carrying this bag almost exclusively for the last few weeks. I love the color and the size. It is a great look-alike for the YSL crossbody without the logo or price point.