Today we’re talking all about Dime Beauty Perfume in this honest, unsponsored review. Wondering what the best Dime Beauty Perfume scent is? Two different users (me and a friend) ranked our favorites in order of preference. Find out how long they last and which are dupes for high-end perfumes. You can always use the code “ELISABETH” for 15% off. This post contains affiliate links.
Have you tried Dime Beauty’s perfumes yet? Yes? Then you know why I’m so excited about this post! If not, you’re in for a treat.
In this article we’ll delve into Dime Beauty’s full perfume lineup. We’ll look at ingredients, how long the scents last, and the scents themselves.
Wondering which Dime perfume scent to add to your perfume collection? We’ll cover that, too.
But before we get into perfume specifically, let’s look at Dime Beauty:
Dime Beauty Co. Background:
When I decided to get serious about simplifying my morning and evening skincare routine at the beginning of 2023, I looked into Dime Beauty a little bit more. This was easy because once I did an initial Google search I got a continuous stream of social media ads 😛 You can read my full Dime Beauty skincare review here if you’re interested but let’s take a look at the history of the company.
History of Dime Beauty
Ashley and Tyler Griffin co-founded Dime Beauty in 2018. They married Ashley’s skincare expertise as a licensed esthetician and Tyler’s experience in e-commerce and digital marketing, to launch their own skincare line.
They started the brand with the launch of their first product, the Dime Beauty Hyaluronic Acid Serum. This serum quickly gained popularity and positive reviews from beauty enthusiasts. Encouraged by their initial success, Ashley and Tyler expanded their product line, focusing on creating affordable yet effective skincare solutions. They now have over 50 products and continue to expand (honestly, all the different skincare offerings can get a bit overwhelming on the website).
A clean beauty company
The brand gained recognition for its commitment to using clean ingredients and science-backed formulations. The brand actively seeks ways to minimize its environmental impact, from using recyclable packaging materials to sourcing sustainable ingredients. Dime Beauty also avoids harmful ingredients like sulfates, parabens, phthalates, and artificial fragrances. I also found it interesting that they don’t use any essential oils in their skincare products (not including their perfumes).
Dime Beauty Perfume
On a girl’s trip a few months ago I mentioned I was planning to order the Dime Beauty skincare set we’d all been getting ads for on social media. My skincare/healthcare guru girlfriend started raving about their perfume. I’m not even sure she’s ever used their skincare (and it isn’t part of her current routine) but she insisted I add a bottle of perfume to my order.
How could I say no?
Known for their clean perfumes, Dime Beauty has gorgeous scents at reasonable (relatively) price points. Why does a clean perfume matter to you (or why should it)?
What is a clean perfume? Why does it matter?
A clean fragrance (or perfume) refers to a type of scent that’s formulated without potentially harmful ingredients. Historically the perfume industry has been a black hole for ingredients, with very little transparency so it is nearly impossible to know what you’re actually sprtizing onto your skin and breathing in all day. I get it – the reasoning behind this was to protect the formulations of the perfume from being copied. The FDA doesn’t even regulate ingredients in products that claim to be “parfum.”
Clean fragrances are generally crafted with “safe” ingredients, avoiding things like phalates, sulfates, dyes, BHT, and BHA. However, given the lack of regulations, the responsibility is on brands and consumers (you!) to be mindful of what you’re putting on (and breathing into) your body.
Clean vs Natural
Though terms like “clean,” “nontoxic,” and “natural” are often used interchangeably when talking about fragrances, they do have actual differences. Usually, “clean” refers to a fragrance that is made without any ingredients that could be harmful, while “natural” indicates that the ingredients are taken from raw materials. However, because there are no strict rules in place, it’s the responsibility of the brands to use accurate labeling, and consumers like us need to do own own research to make informed choices.
It’s easy to get confused, too. You might think that clean means natural and that natural is probably better but it can actually be the opposite. Many natural fragrances (like essential oils) can cause allergic reactions and headaches. Often time synthetic ingredients in perfumes are safer for health and the environment than the natural alternatives.
What to look for in a clean perfume
So what should you really look for when viewing a label for a “clean perfume”? If you have sensitive skin, look for a perfume described as hypoallergenic to ensure it’s free of common triggers, and steer clear of artificial dyes, BHT, BHA, and sulfates.
You should also know that the perfume ingredients make up a very small portion of the formula of a fragrance. The biggest volume in perfume comes from the alcohol. Dime Beauty exclusively uses an organic sugar cane alcohol which has a very low EWG score (a good thing!). I really like that Dime Beauty lists the EWG score for the ingredients in each of it’s products to help you understand what you’re putting on your body. For the perfumes, Dime doesn’t disclose what is in their proprietary blends but you can see that the combined ingredients only score a 2 (a good thing!) for their EWG score.
What to avoid
Phthalates are used to extend the length of scent but exposure to phthalates poses risks. Phthalates have been linked to a number of health issues including asthma, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, breast cancer, obesity, type 2 diabetes, low IQ, neurodevelopmental issues, behavioral issues, autism spectrum disorders, altered reproductive development, and male fertility issues. Sounds like something you might want to avoid, right?
This means that a scent that lasts for two days straight is NOT what you’re looking for. A “clean perfume” may need to be reapplied during the day but you’ll be avoiding all those harmful phthalates (and I love the excuse to spritz again during the day).
Another great check with looking at perfumes is to see if the fragrance ingredients are listed on the product label. Does the company have them on their website? If so, that is a good indicator that they’re as clean as they can be. If you’re unsure about specific ingredients, you can look at the Environmental Working Group’s SkinDeep database for ingredients and product rankings.
use code “ELISABETH” for 15% off Dime perfume on their site
How much do Dime Beauty perfumes cost?
You can purchase Dime Beauty perfumes in a few different sizes from Dime’s website and from Amazon. For anything purchased on Dime’s website, you can subscripbe for autorenewals for 20% off OR use the discount code “Elisabeth” for the same discount without the autoship requirement. On Amazon you have the option to “subscribe and save” as well. The autorenewal discount does nto stack with the discount code “ELISABETH” but often it will stack on specials Dime is running.
- Sample Set: $32 on Dime’s website, $25 after discount. You can also buy on Amazon here.
- Full Size Bottle: $48 (a few scents are available on Amazon here), which comes to just under $39 after the discount Dime gave us
- Two Perfumes: You can buy two perfumes for $86 which comes to $69 after the discount “ELISABETH.” That is just about $35 per bottle! You can mix and match most of the perfume options for this. There is also an option on a different listing to buy a “his and hers” combo of perfume and cologne (which I ordered when I bought “Core Memory” and the cologne).
- Perfume + Roller: You can add a roller to your perfume purchase and get both for $69. The 20% off discount brings this to about $53. I haven’t tried the rollers but would love to have in my purse if I were going to be going straight to an event after work or even the gym.
- Two Roller Pack: Just want rollers? You can get two in your choice of scents for $48. With the discount that is just under $37.
Dime Beauty usually offers free shipping on orders over $50 in the United States.
What is the best Dime Beauty scent? What scent should you buy?
Eeek! This is so personal. An article on the internet cannot tell you which is the best perfume for YOU to wear. I highly recommend ordering the sample set and figuring out which perfume you like the best to find your new signature scent.
When I started, I ordered the sample set and narrowed it down to 3 scents that I loved. I then had my husband pick his two favorites from the full sample set and they happened to be 2 of the 3 I had chosen. Once we did that, I ordered my first full-size bottle of my favorite of the two.
I prefer fruity and floral scents. I gravitate away from musky scents while other people love them.
Dime Beauty scents, ranked (according to me)
- ILYSB: mine and my husband’s favorite)
- Lovely Sweet Dreams: This one is incredibly similar to ILYSB and it was hard to choose between the two for my first full bottle purchase.
- Malibu Nights: I like this one! Light but sophisticated.
- 7 Summers: Tied with Malibu Nights. I’m not sure which I’d order first.
- Core Memory: I ordered a full bottle of this after heidi recommended it. I like it but I don’t love it straight out of the bottle the way I do ILYSB and Lovely Sweet Dreams. The top notes of floral are a bit strong for me but I really like how it smells on after an hour or so. This one smells so classic.
- Dans Le Bois: To me this is very similar to 7 summers with a little more musk.
- Tuesday Date Night: A strong sandalwood scent which isn’t always my favorite. I do get a lot of compliments when I wear this one from other women.
It is worth noting I also own and wear Tuesday Date Night regularly (I got the full size bottle as a gift). Even my least favorite Dime Beauty scent is a great one.
DIme Beauty Scents, ranked (according to my friend who first told me about Dime perfume)
My dear friend Heidi (who initially turned me on to Dime perfume) graciously lent her expertise as I compiled info on the scents. I’ve included her list of favorites and commentary so you can get even more of a feel for each perfume. She has different taste in perfume than I do, clearly, but still loves all of them.
- Dans Les Bois + Core Memory: These are tied for first. I’ve been reaching more for Core Memory all summer since it is a bit lighter. It is light, romantic, and flirty. I wore Dans Les Bois all fall/winter. Dans Les Bois is more sophisticated nad mature. It has more spice and it is a bit “moodier” for date night.
- 7 Summers: A good everyday scent (a perfect spritz before the gym) – light and summery as the name suggests. It is another good date night perfume. Reminiscent of warm vanilla sugar from old school bath and body works.
- Malibu Nights: I didn’t love this one initially but it has grown on me a lot!
- Lovely Sweet Dreams: This one is good. l like it but its not my personal favorite in comparison to the three above. It is a more mature scent in my opinion.
- I love Your Smell Baby: This one is fruity, fun and flirty, a younger scent for sure. I gave the rest of this one to my daughter and love it on her (and knowing that she isn’t wearing any paraben/ phalates endocrine-disrupting perfumes).
Heidi hasn’t tried Tuesday Date Night so that one isn’t ranked.
Packaging + Presentation
I love the clean, classic silhouette of the bottles. They are not pretentious or particularly eye-catching but they’re streamlined and chic. Just like the branding/packaging of all of Dime Beauty’s products, they look great on your counter. Each bottle comes in a small cardboard box (which makes for easy wrapping if you’re gifting these).
I have three full-sized perfume bottles in addition to the samplers. One of the lids gets a little stuck on one of the full-sized perfume bottles. I leave it un-capped so I don’t have to struggle with it each morning.
Overall I love the clean aesthetic. The shape makes them easy to store in a cabinet while still looking sophisticated if you have them sitting out on a counter or shelf.
The claim is that these fragrances last all day. They don’t.
If I put it on at 8 am, at 8pm I can only smell a faint bit on my wrist if my nose is right up to my wrist. I would say they last a couple of hours. I would reapply after 4-5 hours.
I’ve had strangers and friends alike stop me to ask what I’m wearing because they think it smells so good. These have all been people within a foot of me after using 2-3 sprays (one on wrist and one on neck) within an hour and a half.
Dime Beauty Scent list:
Let’s get into the details of each scent. At this point of publishing, I own all of the Dime Beauty perfume scents and one of the colognes. I don’t have the classic #1 cologne fragrance. I have full bottles of 3 of the perfumes and the perfume sampler that includes the rest of the scents. Dime Beauty has been the only perfume I’ve worn for the last few months.
Fragrance Notes and Composition:
Dans Le Bois
Inspired by Baccarat Rouge 540
Dans Les Bois® is feminine, bold, and intoxicating. A sophisticated multilayered scent featuring warm tones of cedarwood and subtle fresh florals. Perfect for date night but would also work for the office. This is also supposedly very similar to Baccarat Rouge 540 (but 7 Summers is a closer dupe).
Dans le bois Scent Description
- Top notes: Blood Orange, Lemon, Jasmine
- Mid notes: Lavender, Saffron, Sage, Flower Petals
- Base notes: Amber, Woods, Leather and Vanilla Sugar
Inspired by Baccarat Rouge 540
This one smells like a summer night and is a fantastic dupe for the iconic Baccarat Rouge 540. It is light while still being sophisticated.
7 Summer Scent Profile: Best for Summer Date Nights
- Top Notes: Juicy Pear, Champagne, Warm Sugar
- Mid Notes: Opulent Lavender, Vanilla, Praline
- Base Notes: Woody Musk, Coconut Cream, Bergamot
Inspired by Light Blue by D&G
This bright, citrusy fragrance will awaken your senses and take you back to your favorite core memories. It reminds me of smelling the perfume ads inside my mother’s magazines growing up. Classic, elegant, feminine.
Core memory Scent Description
- Top notes: Apple, Sicilian Mandarin, Frozen Grapefruit Peel, Bergamot
- Mid notes: Juniper, Rosemary, Bluebells, Rose, Jasmine
- Base notes:Bamboo, Cedarwood
This light fruity scent takes you right back to a summer picnic or a candy store. When I was checking out at a department store last month while wearing this, the cashier asked if I smelled the cotton candy, too. It is young, light, flirty and fun.
*I grabbed this picture from Dime’s site but the new bottle just says ILYSB for the name
I Love Your Smell, Baby Scent Profile:
- Top notes: Peach, Raspberry, Red Fruits – like apple, plum, grapes
- Mid notes: Lily of the Valley, Rose, Cyclamen, Coconut Water
- Base notes: Cotton Candy, Vanilla Sugar, Woody, Sheer Musks, Amber
P. S. Dime’s site describes this one as a sandalwood and gardenia scent but I don’t get that at all from this one. It isn’t florally or musky and I don’t smell any sandalwood. Heidi and I both agree this is very sweet, fruity, light scent.
Lovely Sweet Dreams
Lovely Sweet Dreams embodies the essence of playful, spunky, and sexy. It has light fresh, floral and fruity accents. To me this is very similar to ILYSB with a little more sophistication.
Lovely Sweet Dreams Scent Profile:
- Top notes: Peach Nectar, Creamy Coconut, Apple
- Mid notes: White Lily, Freesia, Jasmine, Rose
- Base notes: Vanilla Bean, Blonde Woods, Soft Musks, Tonka Bean
Tuesday Date Night
Inspired by SANTAL 33
Dans Les Bois® is feminine, bold, and intoxicating. A sophisticated multilayered scent featuring warm tones of cedarwood and subtle fresh florals. Turn heads and stand out as you explore the world with Dans Les Bois, French for “into the woods”. This is also supposedly very similar to Baccarat Rouge 540 Dupe (but 7 Summersis a closer dupe).
Tuesday Date Night Scent Description:
- Top notes: Cardamom, Iris
- Mid notes: Violet, Leather
- Base notes: Smokey Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Amber, and lots of Musk
good everyday scent
Malibu Night captures the serenity of a pleasant evening beach stroll. With light, refreshing, sweet tones, this coconut musk and berry scent is a great everyday scent.
Malibu Night Scent Description:
- Top notes: Raspberry, Pear, Green Leaves
- Mid notes: Coconut Milk, Pink Rose, Peony
- Base notes: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cloud Musk
When to wear Dime Beauty Perfume:
- Best for every day: ILYSB, Malibu Nights, Tuesday Date Night, Core Memory
- Best for date night: Dans Le Bois, 7 Summers, Lovely Sweet Dreams
- Best for girls night: ILYSB, Core Memory, Lovely Sweet Dreams
In conclusion, Dime Beauty perfume is awesome. If you’ll looking for an affordable, clean perfume that smells fantastic, you’ve found it.
Stop looking. Start shopping (and I dare you to try and stop at just one).