A few favorite from Westley lately:
- How he always wants to “do by self!” (but how, when it comes to going upstairs, this means walking up the stairs while holding my hand)
- The excitement when he joins in on our daily affirmations “I choosing to make today, an AWESOME DAY!” (how/why we do affirmations in this post)
- He’s learned the name of one of our nearby parks and asks for the “castle park” about 4 times a day
- He loves to do a family check in and we go through where each family member is (“Where is Daddy?” “Daddy at work.” “Where is Lincoln.” “At school”). I remember when Lincoln used to do this as a 2 year old each morning when he woke up to find out if Ben was home or not.
- He’s obsessed with counting and playing hide and seek, even if by himself. This morning I woke up at 6:15 to him talking very loudly in his crib “ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT, NINE, TEN. HERE I COME. COME FIND MAMA!”
- He is also really into letters and a favorite past time is asking Adelaide to write letters (in the sand at the beach or on a piece of paper at home) as he dictates which ones
- Last night when I asked him to offer the prayer over dinner, he only really wanted to say one thing. “Dear Heavenly Father, I’m grateful for cars. I’m grateful for cars. I’m grateful for cars. In the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN!”
- He loves watching old videos of our family and pointing out all the family members (he gets young Lincoln and Westley confused)
A few things I wont be sad about him growing out of
- Aversion to sitting during meals
- Tendency to scream when he doesn’t get what he wants. At the top of his lungs. Repeatedly.
It is so funny to me to think that by the time Lincoln was Westley’s age, Adelaide was already almost a one year old (and that by the time Adelaide was Westley’s age we were halfway through Ben’s last year of business school in Boston). The first two seemed so big at this age and Westley is just my perpetual baby. I’m trying to give him more independence, plan a few more activities for just the two of us, and treat him like the fully fledged toddler he is (while still referring to him as my baby twice a day).
Westley, we all love you!
A few pictures from last weekend at the beach:
my dress: Chicwish
my sister’s sweater: The Drop