Week 1 With Lincoln
A few things I want to remember about this first week at home with Lincoln:
- His cries are almost exclusively reserved for diaper and outfit changes (the latter usually resulting because of some mishap with the former).
- He prefers dance parties with Dad to dance parties with Mom (and I love getting to refer to Ben as ‘Dad’).
- He loves bath time with Grandma when it involves plenty of back rubs and foot massages (a boy after my own heart).
- His wide eyes melt me. He’s getting more alert by the day but even from the beginning he had such bright, wide, baby eyes.
- Linc and I have read a lot of poetry during the many hours of feeding – right now we’re working our way through Shakespeare’s sonnets.
- We’ve adjusted pretty quickly to this new sleep schedule … and while the hours are all interrupted and often not the best quality, I get more sleep than I expected.
- I’m worried my singing is going to ruin his musical ability (his dad has perfect pitch…his mom, not so much), but not enough to stop singing to him.
- If it’s been more than a few hours, I miss him (and I feel a bit silly about it).
And a few more pictures I snapped on Thursday (he’d been officially home one week and was 11 days old):
^I take pictures of this little guy all.day.long.
We sure do love you, little Linc 🙂
Elisabeth, he is just a little angel baby! So precious!
these are so precious! congratulations to you and your husband, such a sweet family!
xo, kiely @ pocket of blossoms
I cannot believe that you have a baby! I'm so excited for you! 🙂
He is super duper cute! My daughter does the same forehead wrinkle look and it melts my heart, every time 🙂 I have a 3 week old and I am also very surprised by the amount of sleep I am getting. Granted, we can spend 12 hours in bed at a time, but I am feeling super well rested for the other 12 🙂
SO adorable!!! You have an incredibly beautiful baby!! Congrats again!!
That first picture may have just made me want children slightly more! I've been ambivalent about it all my life, but man, that picture.