A few things I want to remember about this first week at home with Lincoln:
- His cries are almost exclusively reserved for diaper and outfit changes (the latter usually resulting because of some mishap with the former).
- He prefers dance parties with Dad to dance parties with Mom (and I love getting to refer to Ben as ‘Dad’).
- He loves bath time with Grandma when it involves plenty of back rubs and foot massages (a boy after my own heart).
- His wide eyes melt me. He’s getting more alert by the day but even from the beginning he had such bright, wide, baby eyes.
- Linc and I have read a lot of poetry during the many hours of feeding – right now we’re working our way through Shakespeare’s sonnets.
- We’ve adjusted pretty quickly to this new sleep schedule … and while the hours are all interrupted and often not the best quality, I get more sleep than I expected.
- I’m worried my singing is going to ruin his musical ability (his dad has perfect pitch…his mom, not so much), but not enough to stop singing to him.
- If it’s been more than a few hours, I miss him (and I feel a bit silly about it).
And a few more pictures I snapped on Thursday (he’d been officially home one week and was 11 days old):
We sure do love you, little Linc 🙂