This post with this easy picnic sandwich was sponsored by Sargento as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Today I have a deliciously easy cold picnic sandwich recipe for you, perfect for summer outings and picnic lunches.
Summers in New Hampshire growing up meant family dates and picnic lunches all over New England. We’d pack up for a morning at the beach at Hampton, or an afternoon biking the trails in Concord and Lexington. Sometimes it was an evening on Boston Commons or just dining al fresco in the yard.
Now that my mom isn’t the one packing my picnic lunches, I’ve been on the hunt for something that holds up well in a cooler for a few hours but still tastes delicious and these picnic sandwiches are just the thing. They’d be perfect for a day at the beach, an afternoon picnic in the park, or eating at the summit after a few hours of hiking.
I grabbed everything I needed for these at Meijer (and the Sargento cheese are on sale using this mPerk through 7/15!). You can switch up the flavor by going with a honey dijon or honey mustard instead of the spicy brown but don’t skip either of the cheeses. The Colby Pepper Jack and the Sharp Cheddar Sargento 100% Real, Natural Cheese Slices both give the sandwich a fun flavor you don’t want to miss.
Sargento 100% Real, Natural Cheese Slices come in a variety of other flavors, too, including Swiss, Ultra Thin Provolone, Smokehouse Cheddar, and Havarti (which I’m excited to try). To grab the mperk when shopping at Meijer, make sure you’re signed up as an mperks Member and search “Sargento” for the coupon offer.
When packing these for my toddler I’ll just roll up the cheese slice + turkey from these sandwiches and skip the bread. He really loves cheese + turkey roll ups and these Sargento slices just gave me a lot more options when it comes to simple lunches for him!
What You’ll Need:
- Turkey, thinly sliced
- Bacon strips, cooked ’till crispy
- Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Spicy brown mustard (or mustard of your choice)
- Sharp Cheddar Sargento Slices
- Colby Pepper Jack Sargento Slices
- Ciabatta rolls (or whole wheat rolls), sliced
What You’ll Do:
- Spread mustard on inside of one roll.
- Layer all ingredients onto rolls.
- Now, your sandwiches are going to be a little full. You can serve immediately but if you’re packing them for a picnic I recommend wrapping them in parchment paper and tying them off with a bit of string to hold everything in place until you’re ready to eat.