Happy New Year! Nearing the top of my list this year is to be more organized and intentional about our eating. The last few months have been a free for all with a few too many frozen pizzas and not enough fresh produce (I blame the first trimester exhaustion) so I’m feeling all sorts of ready to get back on track. I know I have more energy and I feel better when I’m eating well and when I stay on top of meal plans, I enjoy cooking quite a bit more too.
So, to kick things off, here is a fun recipe full of fresh produce and packed with flavor. Bonus points? It freezes well so you can double the recipe and put half of it away for a healthy easy dinner option.
What You’ll Need:
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 boneless, skinless Simple Truth® Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
- Olive oil
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup carrots, chopped/shredded
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped/shredded
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped/crushed, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 package Simple Truth® Coconut Milk
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine coconut milk and chili sauce. Whisk in flour, and continue to whisk until mixture thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Heat olive oil in pan on stove. Add onions, cabbage, carrots, garlic and salt. Stir until vegetables are softened, about 6-7 minutes. Add in the chicken, green onions, cilantro, pepper and peanuts. Cook for another 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Pour ½ cup of coconut milk mixture into the bottom of an 8”x10” pan and set aside another ½ cup.
- Add the remainder of the mixture to the saucepan with the onions, cabbage and garlic. Combine well.
- Add a small amount of chicken and cabbage mixture to each tortilla. Roll tightly and place in pan.
- Pour remaining coconut mixture over the top of the tortillas (spooning it over each tortilla is a great idea).
- Bake at 350° F for 20 minutes. Add additional cilantro and crushed peanuts for garnish.
This content was created in partnership with Kroger Family Stores using free products provided by Kroger.I’ve been working with them over the last few months and if you search “Elisabeth McKnight” on the site, you can find a few of my favorites that I’ve shared!