Today I’m talking all about eye-cream and sharing my very favorite one. We’ll talk about when you should start using eye cream, why you should use it, and how often you should use eye cream. This post is in partnership with Olay, the brand I’ve used and loved for over a year.
Let’s talk eye cream. I’ve been a convert since this time last year when I started using a deep hydrating eye cream from Olay and saw a noticeable difference in the first few weeks. Why does it work? Why should you start? Why does it matter? We’re talking all things eye cream today and then I’m going to tell you what I love about my favorite one (spoiler alert: you’re going to want it in your life, too).
Why should I be using an eye cream?
As you age, the amounts of two proteins, collagen and elastin, in your skin decrease. The result is your skin loses moisture, firmness, and that youthful glow as you get older. And in the delicate skin around your eyes, this process happens faster. This skin is 40% thinner and loses hydration faster so it is going to show the signs of aging sooner. The skin around your eyes also has less natural oil (sebum) in it so it really benefits from the extra moisture. An good eye cream is going to help combat the struggle. It will:
- minimize the look of dark circles
- decrease puffiness
- reduce wrinkles
- prevent wrinkles
When should I start using an eye cream?
As soon as you start moisturizing, according to the experts. But let’s be realistic, when your mom bought you your first moisturizer at 13, you didn’t stock up on eye cream. Start in your twenties. Or start now (if your twenties have come and gone). Depending on what stage of life you’re in, eye cream is going to be preventative and restorative. Whether you’re twenty-five or forty-five, this is a product you want in your beauty arsenal.
How often should I use an eye cream?
However often you need to moisturize your face, moisturize your under eye. I love a deep hydrating eye cream in the evening and use one with light reflective properties in the morning before putting on makeup.
Why I love the new Olay Brightening Eye Cream
- I look more awake. It hides the secret of a late night better. This Brightening Eye Cream has a light reflective complex that hydrates to smooth and illuminate. And really, who can’t use a little help in this department? It seems like no matter how hard I try, getting a consistent 8 hours of sleep never happens (I want to blame the babies, or Ben, or this business school life…but really it’s just me).
- It blends right in with my skin tone without any residue (it’s made to blend with any skin tone thanks to its super light formula).
- My dark circles are lighter and less noticeable (I noticed a small difference instantly with this formula but it makes an even bigger impact as I use it regularly).
- It’s perfect for use around my eyes – which are sensitive to my moisturizers and toners but aren’t bothered by this light formula.
- You can get it at a lot of super convenient locations, including CVS!
This is one of my desert island products (which is actually a ridiculous phrase because if I were headed to a desert island all by myself the last thing on my mind would be skincare + beauty products…). I have loved using Olay eye creams for the last year and this one is FANTASTIC. I brought it to skincare night with friends last month and talked about how much I liked it so naturally I needed to tell you, too. If you haven’t tried eye cream before, go snag this one and let it change your face. If you’re already an eye cream convert, try this one next. P.S. It would make a great stocking stuffer for any woman on your list, you included. Or go snag it now and look more well rested for Christmas, even if you aren’t. Olay will keep your secret (and I will, too).
This content is sponsored by Olay. All thoughts and opinions are my own.