It is no secret that we eat A LOT of cereal in this house (I just counted, we have 9 boxes sitting in the pantry). With the constant need to snack every few hours cereal has been my go-to this pregnancy (and last…and in between). But, when you go through multiple boxes of sugary goodness in a week on your own, it is time to start looking for alternatives. I’ve been trying to find healthier ways to add a bit of variety to my snacking that are just as easy and just as tasty.
This granola is something that works as well in a bowl with milk as it does in a bag on the go (or in a bag from the comfort of the couch, lets be real). The added bonus? Lincoln loves it too.
What You’ll Need:
- 5 cups old fashioned oats (not quick oats)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- dried fruit (I found dried papaya and wish Kroger would have also had dried mango)
- Mix oil and brown sugar in a saucepan on low heat until they combine at a low boil. Remove from heat.
- Combine oats, nuts, and coconut in a large bowl and stir in the liquid. Mix well.
- Spread out on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 300 for eighteen minutes and stir halfway through. *
- Let it cool on the baking sheet then add in dry fruit and enjoy.
pin this recipe for later: