^^birthday banner from Minted
^^ love her, just love her
Pesto Inspired Pasta Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box whole wheat pasta
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 10 basil leaves, fresh and finely chopped (1 small package)
- 1/3 C walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 C fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 C olive oil (or to taste, feel free to add more or less as you like)
- salt and pepper to taste
What You’ll Do:
- Cook pasta according to directions on box, strain, and place in bowl.
- Add olive oil and parmesan cheese and toss well.
- Add diced tomatoes, finely chopped basil leaves and walnuts.
- Toss well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
Simple, light, and delicious. If I’d had onions or fresh garlic I would have sauteed and added them to the mix. If you try this, feel free to experiment with quantities. I love adding chopped nuts to pasta so I’d add a little more walnuts and I’m always down for extra cheese 🙂