Good Morning! While I”m off galavanting around Chicago I wanted to share our all time favorite roll recipe. I bring these almost every time we’re invited to dinner and my cousins just requested them for thanksgiving! They’re also great for quick week night meals. When we’ve had a busy day I’ll heat up a can of soup and whip up these rolls. My favorite part about these is they are SO easy and SO fast. Sometimes we substitute a cup or two of wheat flour in to make them a little heartier and healthier. Enjoy!
1 C and 2 Tbsp warm water
1/3 C vegetable oil
2 Tbsp (2 packages) yeast
1/4 C sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 C bread flour (maybe slightly less if you live in a lower altitude than Utah)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix water, yeast, sugar and oil in bowl and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and egg.
- Add flour cup by cup until dough is sticky but doesn’t stick to edges of bowl (I use a santd mixer and add a cup at a time and then any more flour that is necessary to have it not stick to the sides of the bowl).
- Grease jelly roll sheet or casserole dish.
- Form dough into small balls and let rise for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until the tops begin to golden.
I shared a stuffed pecan variation of these rolls here and I highly recommend the basic rolls with this cinnamon honey butter recipe.
Have you ever made homemade bread?
What is your go to roll recipe?