We finally sent Christmas cards!
Two years ago I ordered sample Christmas cards for a campaign with Mixbook and they were beautiful… and then I never got around to actually designing our Christmas cards once we took family pictures.
Last year I designed our Christmas cards on Mixbook.com but never ordered them.
And this year is the first time I’ve actually ordered and mailed Christmas cards in three years. Granted, my address gathering was very haphazard …maybe next year I’ll manage to order Christmas cards and mail them to everyone we intended to.
We went with Artifact Uprising again (we used them to send our first family Christmas card/ pregnancy announcement four years ago here). I’m thrilled with the way they turned out … but honestly, I’m more excited about the 2019 Family Resume we put together in about an hour and a half the night before we mailed out all our cards. I realized my favorite part of getting holiday cards is reading the little family updates but I didn’t have my life together enough to sit down and write one when we were ordering our cards earlier in December (plus, it is really hard for me to NOT print as many pictures as I can on a Christmas card).
Ben went in and made a few final edits on the family resume before he printed it (a bold claim or two about the number of children we’re planning on having/ not having…and an admission of his caffeine consumption during business school).
Consider this a “happy holidays” from our family to yours (better late than never, right?)!
- front picture and back middle picture were from our family session with Lauren Dobish this fall
- back left picture from Ben’s MBA graduation in May
- back right photo is a favorite iphone shot of the kids all swaddled from September I grabbed off instagram
- I used canva’s resume template to put together the resume and it was a huge pain to change formatting but it all worked out
- card template from Artifact uprising here
Christmas cards past:
- 2015 “The more the merrier!” pregnancy announcement christmas card
- possibly our best christmas card (we worked with tiny prints for these and so went all out with the trifold and personalized stamps of Adelaide’s face and they were the cutest)