Red Velvet Muddy Buddies
Did you know that red velvet is just chocolate and lots of red food coloring? I didn’t. I swear it actually tastes different, and maybe that wasn’t the best opening to a red velvet treat, but I thought I’d share. In honor of the month of love, here’s an easy muddy buddy recipe for you that would be perfect to have around the house or package into little bags for Valentine’s (with a cute little “buddy” pun?).
All the pink and red have me thinking back to last Valentine’s, when we had a one month old and all the grandparents had just left. And to think, next year we’ll have an eight month old who I can dress in all the red and pink I want 😉
What You’ll Need:
- 5 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- ⅓ cup chocolate melts (or chocolate chips)
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup red velvet cake mix
- 1 bag Valentine’s M&M’s
What You’ll Do:
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring
- between each increment. Stir in the milk and cream cheese when the chocolate is melted.
- Thoroughly mix the melted chocolate and Rice Chex cereal in a large mixing bowl. Each piece of cereal should be thoroughly coated.
- Add the cereal mixture to a large Ziploc bag filled with the powdered sugar and cake mix. Shake until completely mixed.
- Add M&M’s and serve or package.
pin the recipe for later!
I have a muddy buddy fanatic at my house. We will certainly try this!