Pregnancy Lies (well, one actually)
Let’s talk about hair for a minute (or two?). Everyone says that pregnancy brings with it thick, luscious, beautiful hair….and I’m just not quite sure what they’re talking about. If anything, I think my hair has been falling out more than usual. Maybe it’s the water here in Findlay, but pregnancy has not been awesome in the hair department (and so I’m a little terrified about this whole ‘after birth shed’ people are also telling me about…but maybe I’ll avoid that too?).
For this fall, we’ve seen a few new hair trends. There’s everything from slick ponytails to retro volume with a lot of fun braids and twists thrown in. But, whatever the season, healthy hair is always in style and I’m all about having locks that I can let air dry 90% of the time and be happy with.
For the past few weeks I’ve been using Dove’s new Pure Care Dry Oil Shampoo and Conditioner along with the hair oil a few times. A few things:
- My hair is noticeably shinier and smoother: it air dries silky without being oily and the other day a nice lady at checkout exclaimed “great hair!” when all I’d done was let it dry while running errands (she then noticed the baby bump and spent a few minutes suggesting names upon hearing we had none).
- I’ve only used the actual oil a few times on my hair because it doesn’t seem to need much additional nutrition or shine after the shampoo/condition. But, I love that the instructions said to finger it through the bottom half of your hair. With so many oils I’ve tried on my hair I’ve been really happy with the way look/feel but my roots are always too greasy and I end up needing dry shampoo before leaving the house.
- The only downside of these awesome products is the smell. It wasn’t something I noticed, and both my sisters in New Hampshire asked me to leave the shampoo/conditioner with them because we all liked it so much but when I got out of the shower the first time using them here in Ohio Ben’s immediate question was “what is that?” To me they smell like natural oils and while it isn’t a fun fruity smell, its definitely not something I mind using in the shower. It reminds me of the way a salon might smell, but Ben really doesn’t like it.
So I’d love to know, have you tried theses? What did you think? Did you like the scent?
Or, what’s your favorite moisturizing shampoo/conditioner combo?
A few other things about these products, if you’re interested:
- they’re ideal for all hair types
- you can take Dove’s “silky hair dare” and try these products risk free through December 31 — if you aren’t completely satisfied, they’ll refund your purchase through the end of the year
- proven to absorb quickly, the dry oil features a blend of African Macadamia oil and Coconut oil
^a 28 week bump and I think Ben is turning into a pretty great photographer
*also, I just had to mention how sneaky I feel wearing this shirt. It’s a maternity top that doubles as a nursing top and there’s a flap (for lack of a better word) that comes to right below my chest that pulls up for ‘easy access’ 😛 Yay for clothes that work for now and later.
shirt: boob design (yes, Ben and I both giggled when the package arrived), c/o
denim: GAP maternity via thredUP
shoes: Nine West
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own, like always 🙂
I am a new follower, and I lived in NH too? Anyway, I didn't know they made nursing shirts!! I need that. My daughter is 18 months and still nursing. Also, I love the hair. I am out to get all that stuff. Thanks!!!
Stop it! You're so gorgeous!! I can't stand it. 😉
I am having the same complaint! Where is my luscious hair? My hair is falling out left and right. My whole house seems to be covered in my hair. I'm terrified for the after-birth hair shed because I'm positive it will make me bald! Haha.