Things have been so good here lately. Maybe it’s the growing baby, or maybe it’s our renewed efforts at couple scripture study, but there is an added measure of love and smiles in this house. That said, I had a rough, rough day on Friday. It was one of those pregnancy-is-hard-and-hurts-my-body-and-all-I-wanna-do-is-curl-up-in-my-bed-but-I-can’t kind of days. I’m getting to the point where my body can’t do what I expect it to sometimes (stand up for a few hours straight, skip steps when running up the stairs, you know, the big stuff :P). If I don’t take a minute to appreciate why its happening, it can be a little frustrating….but it’s nothing that a little perspective and a very short bubble bath (the only thing that makes my body cooperate sometimes) can’t fix. Whatever is happening, there are always more reasons to be happy (as long as I can remember that).
A happy list for today:
**I’m a firm believer in finding happiness in the small things as well as the big ones
- A husband – specifically my husband, who takes care of me when I’m sick (Friday was just pregnancy stuff, Tuesday I woke up with a bad head cold), motivates me in everything, and helps me feel beautiful when I don’t.
- Baby dance parties – they’re frequent now…and I love them. Sometimes he just kicks – but most of the time he dances for minutes on end.
- Pumpkin muffins
- An end in site for life in this apartment (hallelujah!)
- Leftovers – or meals that take 3 minutes of preparation and still cover the main food groups.
- Non-maternity clothes that fit. 2/3 of my wardrobe is still in boxes and on top of that, I’ve gained 12 pounds mostly around the middle. Finding clothes that fit is hard. Finding clothes that I feel good in AND fit is even harder. Its a good thing I only require myself to get dressed 3 times a week now.
- My bumpnest pillow. I’m sure I’ll share more about this later but really, every human should have the privilege of sleeping in one of these at some point in their life. I’m not sure I’ll give it up after pregnancy.
^I love the bold pattern mixing thats made a little less drastic by covering up most of the leaves with a solid cardigan
^the chunky heel is much easier for walking and I love these pumps for fall with the deep maroon and the hint of gold
^so somehow I look very very pregnant here — I had my first belly touch this past weekend too when a friend commented that I ‘actually have a baby bump’ and I’m not just holding my clothes back to make it look like it 😛
sweater: GAP (similar)
blouse: c/o OASAP (sold out but found the same one on sale here)
skirt: c/o Agnes Dora (I wore it here before I was pregnant — and looking at those pictures makes me wonder where my waist has gone)
shoes: J.Crew (same shape)