Today I’m sharing a fun, simple, DELICIOUS recipe for Butterfinger® popcorn.This post is sponsored by Ferrero. All opinions are my own, just like always.
We’ve gotten into a pretty good social distancing routine and so instead of mixing up date night or Saturday adventures right now, we’re switching up our popcorn during family movie night and choosing new music for living room dance parties. Exciting, right?
But really, this popcorn is the best thing that’s happened to our movie snacks the last few months. If you love the unique peanut butter flavor of Butterfinger, DO NOT miss this one. The cripsety crunchety texture is delicious in recipes and baking and you can grab bags of Butterfinger Fun Size bars at Stop & Shop (which make for tasty treats all on their own when the popcorn is gone). They also offer Peapod delivery if you’re still avoiding in-store shopping (so no excuses not to make this ASAP). Click on the button below to save on Butterfinger when you grab them at Stop & Shop!
The creaminess of the melted marshmallows and peanut butter mixes perfectly with the chocolatey crunch of the Butterfinger in this yummy recipe and it is just. so. good.
Also, don’t be intimidated. This is about as easy as it comes. You can skip the cooling on a cookie sheet and drizzle of melted chocolate chips if you’re in a rush (or want fewer things to clean). Don’t skip the peanut butter, though, or the Butterfinger.
The recipe I’m sharing is for a SMALL batch. This was perfect for me and Ben to snack on during a movie but not a lot of leftovers. It was also impossible to keep little hands out of the bowl while I was making it in the kitchen.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Butterfinger® Candy Popcorn
- 1/4 cup unpopped popcorn (you can also use a bag of plain microwave popcorn or “light butter” microwave popcorn if needed)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 chopped Butterfinger® Fun Size bars
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
How to make Butterfinger® Candy Popcorn
- Pop your popcorn and put in a large bowl.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add in marshmallows and peanut butter. Stir until melted and creamy (1-3 minutes).
- Pour your marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and toss to fully coat.
- Mix in chopped Butterfinger® pieces.
- Spread popcorn onto a cookie sheet (line it with parchment paper if you want less mess to clean up)
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave until creamy (I always melt in intervals of 30 seconds, stirring in between) .
- Drizzle chocolate over the top of popcorn.
- Let chocolate set until hardened.