Easy Holiday Mocktail: Poinsetta Holiday Mocktail
In my college town there was a darling little mocktail bar that served the best appetizers and a beautiful assortment of non-alcoholic beverages (only in Utah, right?). Each year for my birthday, and every other excuse I could come up with, we’d dress up for an evening of herb fries, berry mocktails, and long conversations.
When the holidays roll around, these moments are some of my favorite, too – when you have an evening stretched out in front of you with nothing but your favorite people. One of our favorite companions to such an evening is the Poinsetta Mocktail, made with things we keep we keep stocked most of the time anyway, like Cranberry Canada Dry® Ginger Ale. It’s easy to make a big batch to serve from a punch bowl at a party but usually I just mix the drinks individually for company and garnish with some fresh mint if I’ve remembered to pick it up.
I’ve shared the recipe for this easy holiday mocktail below along with a few tips for lower stress entertaining this holiday season (because people are what matter and dishes are overrated).
Poinsetta Holiday Mocktail Ingredients: What You’ll Need
- 3 parts Cranberry Canada Dry® Ginger Ale
- 1 part Cranberry Juice
- 1 part Orange Juice (pulp free)
- Orange slices, for garnish
- Fresh mint, for garnish
How to make Poinsetta Holiday Mocktail:
- Chill individual drinks prior to serving.
- Mix, garnish, and enjoy!
Looks delicious, right? Go ahead and pin the recipe for later:
Tips for Stress Free Holiday Entertaining:
- Things always pop up at the last minute over the holidays so have some easy things stocked (like the ingredients for this mocktail and your favorite frozen appetizer).
- Skip the china and keep cute paper plates on hand. You’d rather be visiting with your guests than cleaning up in the kitchen (how darling are those little Dixie plates in the pictures?).
- Keep napkins and a sharpie next to your cups (if you’re using paper), or consider a wine glass writer so guests can label their stemware and keep track of it over the course of an evening (don’t worry, it washes right off).
- Make a playlist ahead of time or find something on Pandora to use as your go-to. Having music playing in the background really sets the mood for a festive evening.
Happy Holiday Entertaining!