From Errands to Holiday Party
“Shoe Carnival provided me with product and compensation. The opinions I have shared about the products are my own.”
The holidays are full of errands and parties and to-do lists longer than the Starbucks line. They’re also full of family and twinkling lights and crackling fires. And sometimes you just need something you can wear to all of it without having to change. Am I right?
Or maybe I’m the only one who is too tired after shopping with two babies to get ready in .2 seconds for the Christmas party you almost forgot about?
Today I’m showing you how to take one easy look from errands to holiday party by just swapping out your shoes! All you need is your go-to pair of skinnies, a neutral sweater and a few of my new favorite pieces from Shoe Carnival.
- Start with a neutral sweater and your favorite pair of skinnies.
- Loop a blanket scarf around your neck and then tie the ends together. This plaid Rampage scarf I ordered from Shoe Carnival is incredibly soft and I love all of the different colors in (mostly) deep winter hues.
- Add in a pair of neutral sneakers. I’ve had my eye on black and white nikes (and not just because I wanted to match with Lincoln) for months now and LOVE this pair. They’re incredibly comfortable and make running errands in frigid weather a bit more bearable. Just don’t mind the crazy lady who is sprinting from the parking lot to the mall because I’m freezing. I hope this athleisure trend lasts a few more years because this whole being put together in sneakers is right up my alley.
- Pull your hair into some kind of an up-do that will last all day. For me, my go to is this side dutch braid but I also love a good low bun that works just as well for keeping your hair out of your face as it does for completing an evening look.
To take the look to your holiday party simply:
- Swap out your sneakers for a pair of block heels. I can’t get over how darling these little suede heels are from Madden Girl and love that the color goes with just about anything. The block heels make them easier to walk in (and wear for longer periods of time) and are popping up everywhere this season.
- Untie your scarf and simply drape it around your neck for more of an evening look. If you’re hot at the party, just ditch the scarf altogether and have a nice necklace on underneath.
- Swap out your cross-body (or diaper bag) for an evening clutch and you’re set!
I love both of these looks! Such an easy swap-out, too. Great job!
Megan at Lush to Blush
I love you, I love your blog. Please dont get offended, but that hairstyle is ugly. I love the side braid, dont get me wrong, but the way you have it going with a side french braid just doesn’t look good. 😉 Not on anyone for that matter. try just a side braid without the milkmaid french braid thing going on. (I dont expect you to post this. I love ya). 😉
To be honest, I have thought the same thing as well. A normal side braid would look great, but the side braid with all the hair pulled over your head is really not a very flattering look. But I still love your blog! 🙂
Oh my gosh, you are seriously the prettiest! Love your braid and the scarf. Great look!
Aaaaaaaaand now I need the matching Nikes ASAP. And I love the suede heels. I want all the suede shoes this season.
I loved this post! I like day-to-night or shopping to party ideas! They come in handy when we least expect it.
You look so cute! I love the simple shoe swap! And I love your hair, oh my gosh, I wish I could do that but I’ve never been able to come close to a passable french braid. Alas.
I am swooning over this entire look! Your braid, your scarf and the comfy shoes.
Such a pretty coat and scarf! I am all about shopping in sneakers too.
Great styling. It’s always a good thing to be able to switch from day to night seamlessly, especially with kids.
Loving your braids! Mine will never come out looking like yours. Lol.
You are the CUTEST. I love this look from the shoes to the scarf! And can you please come do my hair?! I am terrible at braids, and would just love to do this! It’s SO cute!!!!
I love a cute outfit styled with runners so cute and trendy! But the heels oh they are so beautiful!!!
Such a clever way to transition this look, love it!
Here’s The Skinny
Loving these two looks! The suede heels are a must have! So chic and versatile.
Such a cute outfit!! Love your hair!
Xo – Steph
ahh you are the cutest! i love this outfit babe!!
Such great tips! I find myself swapping out my shoes with the same outfit for many occasions throughout the year – it’s almost too easy! Also v. jealous of your gorgeous braid – I’ve never been able to master that look! xo
I’m really loving the comfy sneaker look!! I may be adding those nikes to my list!