“Shoe Carnival provided me with product and compensation. The opinions I have shared about the products are my own.”
The holidays are full of errands and parties and to-do lists longer than the Starbucks line. They’re also full of family and twinkling lights and crackling fires. And sometimes you just need something you can wear to all of it without having to change. Am I right?
Or maybe I’m the only one who is too tired after shopping with two babies to get ready in .2 seconds for the Christmas party you almost forgot about?
Today I’m showing you how to take one easy look from errands to holiday party by just swapping out your shoes! All you need is your go-to pair of skinnies, a neutral sweater and a few of my new favorite pieces from Shoe Carnival.
- Start with a neutral sweater and your favorite pair of skinnies.
- Loop a blanket scarf around your neck and then tie the ends together. This plaid Rampage scarf I ordered from Shoe Carnival is incredibly soft and I love all of the different colors in (mostly) deep winter hues.
- Add in a pair of neutral sneakers. I’ve had my eye on black and white nikes (and not just because I wanted to match with Lincoln) for months now and LOVE this pair. They’re incredibly comfortable and make running errands in frigid weather a bit more bearable. Just don’t mind the crazy lady who is sprinting from the parking lot to the mall because I’m freezing. I hope this athleisure trend lasts a few more years because this whole being put together in sneakers is right up my alley.
- Pull your hair into some kind of an up-do that will last all day. For me, my go to is this side dutch braid but I also love a good low bun that works just as well for keeping your hair out of your face as it does for completing an evening look.
To take the look to your holiday party simply:
- Swap out your sneakers for a pair of block heels. I can’t get over how darling these little suede heels are from Madden Girl and love that the color goes with just about anything. The block heels make them easier to walk in (and wear for longer periods of time) and are popping up everywhere this season.
- Untie your scarf and simply drape it around your neck for more of an evening look. If you’re hot at the party, just ditch the scarf altogether and have a nice necklace on underneath.
- Swap out your cross-body (or diaper bag) for an evening clutch and you’re set!