Happy Weekend guys! I may not be the most crafty person out there, but when it comes to DIY I have one love: spray paint. I’ve been using an old bulletin board to organize a lot of my jewelry for about a year and a half and it was time for a little update. I was unsure how the spray paint would do on the cork but I decided to take Rust-Oleum® up on the whole “universal” part of their spray paint and I love the way it turned out!
All you need for this project is:
- a framed cork board (the one I used here was less than $8 from Target but I have another one I’m updating next I picked up for fifty cents at a garage sale)
- some masking tape
- a can Rust-Oleum® Universal Spray Paint (I used the gloss in white and the metallic in champaign mist)
A Jewelry Board DIY:
- Spray paint the trim of a cork board your desired color and let dry completely.
- Tape trim using masking tape and spray paint the cork using Rust-Oleum’s Mettalic Universal Spray Paint. Keep the coats universal if you want a cohesive look but after one even coat (clearly I didn’t :). Let dry completely.
- Screw in knobs to bottom of frame (decide if you want it to hang horizontally or vertically, if you want three or five knobs, and how you want them spaced).
- Layer on your favorite pieces!
A big thanks Rust-Oleum® for sponsoring this post via Glam Media The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Rust-Oleum®.