This last week of waiting for baby I’ve tried a few different ways of keeping busy. I’ve seen a quote floating around instagram that says the first few months of pregnancy last 30-31 days but the last one is 4902389 days long. Truth.
I’ve tried to make time to indulge in the little things – you know, bubble baths, extra naps, and delicious desserts. While I’m usually a firm believer that dessert must contain some form of chocolate, this indulgence really hit the spot this week (and Ben and our dinner guests on Thursday loved them). The granola on top really adds a little crunch that take these from being yummy to delicious and as I type this I really wish there were a few more left for me to be snacking on.
side note: I went to the grocery store 4 times last week. When you’re convinced you’re having a baby any day you don’t want to buy lots of food you won’t be home to eat so I kept going back for last minute things we needed for meals (or these fun baking nights). I picked up everything we needed for these at Walmart and I think the check out people are getting to know the crazy pregnant lady by now.
What You’ll Need:
- 10 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded, sweetened, coconut
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- QUAKER® GRANOLA OATS, HONEY, AND ALMONDS
- ***ingredients for frosting
What You’ll Do:
- Cream sugar, butter, and salt.
- Add in eggs.
- Stir in coconut milk, almond extract, vanilla, and shredded coconut.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the bowl and mix until combined.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cucpakes are cooked all the way through ( a fork should come out clean).
- Frost and sprinkle with granola (I recommend crushing the granola a bit before sprinkling so you don’t have any large chunks).
Have you tried the other Quaker cereals? We love Quaker® Simply Granola and Quaker® Life
but haven’t tried Quaker® Real Medleys or Quaker® Oatmeal Squares and I’m always on the lookout for easy things to eat after baby gets here 🙂
Hopefully I’ll have an update for you on instagram sometime soon!