I’m excited to finally share a little party I put together while my family was in town meeting Lincoln at the end of February. We were dying a bit due to the awful cold weather so we decided to warm things up with a little fondu. In addition to plenty of yummy treats to dip in our two different dips, I created a fun ribbon backdrop that doubled as a great little photo booth.
There are so many different options for things to dip in your fondu but the ones we picked up our local Kroger were Rice Krispies Treats, glazed donuts, mini wafers, mini cookies, mini marshmallows, and pretzel sticks. I also had sprinkles, chopped nuts, sweetened coconut, and M&Ms for people to coat their dipped goodies in.
We had fun playing around with lots of different combos and I shared our favorite ones below (after all the pictures):
^Ideally I’d use donut holes but I couldn’t find any
^I grabbed a couple rolls of ribbon from our local Hobby Lobby and tied them onto a thick string to make this back drop (I wish I would have had a few more rolls of ribbon but I love that I can add more to it later if I want to).
^TIP: have toothpicks to easily dip — we had long toothpicks/skewers as well as regular sized ones
^picture fun with my sister Madison (brag moment: she just got into Columbia and a top political science school in France…if she goes there might be awfully cute pictures of Lincoln in a mini French beret in our future).
^This baby decided to wake up in time to join us for a few pictures….he loved it, obviously (or maybe he was just bummed he didn’t get any of the fondu)
^his faces crack me up
^and we’ll chalk up the unpinned hair to the fact that these were taken one month postpartum and me being dressed was a big enough accomplishment 😉
^Personally, these chocolate dippped treats rolled in nuts were my favorite
Rice Krispies Treats Fondu
- Rice Krispies Treats
- melting chocolate
- hazelnuts, finley chopped
- hazelnut spread
- M&Ms (plain, peanut butter, and dark chocolate), chopped
- shredded coconut
- chopped pecans
- coconut extract (2 tbsp)
- butter (4 tbsp)
- JET PUFFED miniature marshmallows (2 cups)
- Melt chocolate + hazelnut spread in one fondu pot
- Melt butter and marshmallows in another and add coconut extract
- skewer rice krispy treats and dip in your choice of fondu
- roll in your choice of topping (see suggested combos)
- Chocolate fondu + chopped hazelnuts
- Marshmallow fondu + shredded coconut
- Chocolate fondu + M&Ms + chopped pecans
- Marshmallow fondu + sprinkles (optional chocolate drizzle)
You can enter to win a prize package by voting for your favorite Rice Krispies Treats creation here.