- Sometimes dates during the holidays can be hard, but its actually the perfect time for creative and charming evenings. Here are my top picks for dates to get you into the holiday spirit!
2. Volunteer: Maybe this isn’t your first thought when it comes to holiday dates, but its the perfect season to spread holiday cheer by volunteering at a local food bank or other charity.
3. Holiday Treats: Decorate gingerbread houses or sugar cookies while laughing and watching the snow come down outside.
4. Ice Skating: Traditional, I know – but also adorable. The more terrible you are the funnier and more memorable it will be! The other option is snow shoeing – your choice.
5. Play in the snow: Think forts, snow ball fights, or sledding. Bundle up and spend the whole afternoon acting like you’re seven 🙂
6. See a Christmas Production: Pick up tickets to the Nutcracker (ballet!) or A Christmas Carol to get yourself into the holiday spirit. If there is a live nativity in your area that could be really neat as well!
7. Chirstmas movie night: needs no explanation. (Elf and It’s a Wonderful Life are my top recommendations. Elf happens to be the first movie Ben and I ever saw together).
shopping making: Ease the stress of Christmas shopping by making some of your gifts! Take your date to ceramics, glass blowing, or painting studio/class and let your creativity run wild.
9. Go to a toy store: Sledding and snowball fights aren’t the only way to feel six years old. Rediscover the magic of Christmas by browsing through a local toy store. If you’re in the NYC area, nothing beats FAO Shwartz (end of central park next to the apple store).
10. Hot chocolate bar: Invite your favorite couples over for a delux hot chocolate bar. Have multiple flavors and mix ins (candy canes, marshmallows, flavored chocolates, whipped cream).
11. Go on a Christmas Photo Shoot: Last week Ben and I had so much fun taking these pictures with Kirsten of KNW Photography. Mention Bella when you book and you get a 45 minute mini shoot with over thirty edited images for only TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS (amazing, I know).
Speaking of cute dates, you need to meet Jessica of What’s in a Name. Her blog is becoming a fast favorite of mine. I love her witty posts and her wedding up dates! Yes, this cute girl is getting married in a matter of months. You can see her “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” themed bridal shower here and her gorgeous ring here. Oh and you HAVE to read about her favorite date. I cried.