Have you seen all the different types of M&Ms they have these days? I remember back when there were two choices: peanut or plain. I’d never had these white chocolate candy corn kind so I picked up a bag and have been snacking on them for the past few days (and feeling oh so festive while doing so :). This was my first attempt at muddy buddies and I’m already excited to experiment with new flavors as the holidays get closer (think nutella and chopped hazelnuts!). We’re spending most of today and tomorrow on the couch watching this (and I’ll be tweeting all my highlights here) so other than powdered sugar getting all over my keyboard, these are perfect for our weekend.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 C white chocolate chips
- 1/4 C Butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 9 C Chex cereal (I used rice chex – generic brand)
- 1/2 C white chocolate candy corn M&Ms (feel free to substitute other M&Ms)
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts
What You’ll Do:
- Melt butter, chocolate chips, and vanilla over the stove (slowly!). Mix well until completely combined.
- In a large bowl, pour melted mixture over chex cereal pieces. Combine until all cereal pieces are well coated.
- Put powdered sugar in a large ziplock bag. Add coated chex pieces and shake until coated in powdered sugar.
- Serve in a bowl with chopped walnuts and M&Ms
**this way doesn’t involve a stove
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Take out and stir. Put back in the microwave for 30 seconds. Take out and stir. Continue putting it in for 30 seconds and then stirring until completely melted (you don’t want to over microwave the chocolate chips).
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Pour melted mixture over cereal in a bowl. Combine until coated (I might have used my hands here :).
- Add powdered sugar to the bowl and combine until coated.
- Add nuts and candy pieces and enjoy! #harvestfun