Last week Bonnie picked me up for a little date at the Orem library to hear C.Jane talk about blogging. It was fun listening to her speak but as usual, my favorite part was mingling with people afterwards.
A few takeaways from the night:
- To keep blogging fulfilling remember:”Its for me first…when I start writing for an audience response I become a different blogger.”
- Find things to inspire you to make sure you have your “heart ready everyday.”
- “Your creativity or Genius can be trained.”
- When dealing with criticism: “If its not true, don’t let it bother you. If it is true, learn from it.”
- To grow a readership being charming won’t work 😛 Make sure you have consistent style and content.
- Guest posting, writing “shareable” content, and covering social media platforms will give you great exposure.
- “Write something you LOVE!”
The world is full of stories – choose how you want to tell them.
I love that. Blogging is our own way to interpret and record the stories that make up life. We may not always get to chose the story, but we can choose how we write it, and how we live with it.
Have you met bloggers in real life?
How do you deal with negative feedback?