People ask how this motherhood thing is going and at nine weeks, I can now tell you its wonderful! Yes, its still hard. And yes, occasionally the crying isn’t just on the baby’s end, but it is wonderful. There are more good days than bad, more good hours than bad, and when its good – it is so good. Last night I came home from a bit of solo shopping (picking up a shirt and some groceries felt like a full on spa retreat) to find my two boys sitting there giggling at each other. Cue heart melting (or bursting, or both at the same time).
Just a few things I’ve learned the past few weeks:
- Putting on clothes has a miraculous impact on my day. I should get dressed and wash my face each morning (I’ve also learned that this is easier said than done).
- If I don’t get it done before 9 am, it might not happen (my most productive hours are between 5:30 and 8 while Linc is sleeping).
- Difficult is relative. When things are hard, I think about giving birth, or that first week of nourishing this baby and everything seems easy again.
- I picked a wonderful husband. Having Linc smile at me makes me happy, but watching him fall in love with Ben is joy on another whole level.
- I am a better mom when my phone is out of my hand.
- That said, my little cell phone is wonderful. It captures pictures and video of this little guy, lets me stay up to date on work projects, and keeps me connected to the outside world (and that support is SO important for me).
- I really like talking to adults. Nothing like trying to make sure a baby hears 2100 words per hour to make you feel like a crazy person talking to yourself all day 😉
^this little guy loves his Dad
^how cute are these little moccs? he’s almost too big for them and i’m pretty sad about it
^Linc loves his tongue
^dress pants and bowties for his Sunday best 😉
^also, I am incapable of packing for two people, I managed to forget extra diapers for Lincoln as well as integral pieces to both nicer outfits for me (thank goodness for friends who let you raid their closets)