Back home we live in a forest. I never really thought of it like that till I went off to Utah for school but one thing I really missed about New Hampshire were the trees. Nestled into these trees, we’re spending the weekend watching General Conference.
Twice a year the prophet and apostles address
the world in a series of broadcasts. You can
watch or listen online by going here.
I’ve been tweeting my favorite parts of each session and loving spending time with the family in-between. Here are a few of my favorite bits from Saturday:
- There exists today a great need for men and women to cultivate respect for each other across wide distances of belief and agenda. // the whole time I was listening to this talk I kept thinking of our political system and how we need a big dose of respect just about everywhere
- Let us have the courage to defy the consensus … and stand for principle.
- Even if everyone is doing it, wrong is never right. // in the world we live in, sometimes I need this reminder
- If we choose the right, we will find happiness in time. // they went on to say that happiness isn’t immediate, or else choosing the right wouldn’t be an act of faith – – I firmly believe that …that doing right brings happiness
- Christlike love can change the world.
- Marriage brings a fullness of joy and happiness as we learn to put each other first. // so, so true
Hope you’re having a lovely weekend!
skirt: ℅ Chicwish
blouse: 7 For All Mankind via TJ Maxx
belt: Forever 21 (similar)
blazer: Loft (thrifted so quite old, I’m sure)
bracelet: ℅ iSanctuary