So there are pieces in my closet that I like. Then there are pieces that I love. And then there are pieces that I love enough to buy multiple times. Today’s post is on the last group – things I have in my closet in multiple colors or multiple sizes because they’re just. that. good.
As I went through my closet to put together this list there were a couple things I really wanted to put on here, like my Madewell chambray, because they’re things I wear all the time and absolutely love. But, if I didn’t own multiples of the same item (from the same brand in the same style), it didn’t make the cut. Maybe I’ll share my other closet favorites later, but for now, here are my repeat purchases:
1. J.Crew Cece Flats: These are the overall winner because I have them in four colors. I bought two the first time I came across them on end of summer sale two years ago (in hot pink leather and in lavender suede), the next six months later (again on sale), and the final pair just a few weeks ago. They’re good quality, a style I love, and have a good cushion. They also have a wonderful assortment of new colors that come out each season and while they’re $125 when full price, you can always find some color on sale.
2. Lucky Brand Charlie Skinnies: The first pair I bought full price at a Lucky store with the help of an attentive sales clerk when we were in Vegas two years ago for a business trip. The second pair I picked up six months later for half the price at T.J. Maxx in a smaller size before Alt Summit. I’ve been living in the first pair post baby but still can’t quite get comfortable in the smaller size 😉 I’ve talked about my all-time favorite jeans on here before but they’re two and a half times the price of these Lucky skinnies and so I own two pairs of these. And wear them at least twice a week.
3. Elie Tahari Knit Tees: I bought three of these (over the course of two weeks) from T.J. Maxx at about two or three months post partum. I was sick of not having any clothes I fit into but I was losing weight quickly enough that I didn’t want to invest in a lot of new clothes just to have them not fit in a month or two. These are the best quality and MOST COMFORTABLE tees I have ever worn (and they should be with a pricetag that high). If you can find these on sale, or if you’re looking for an awesome tee that can be dressed up or down, I can’t recommend these enough.
4. Gap V Neck Sweaters: I own these in a few colors. Ben owns them in even more (the men’s version). They’re a classic fit and cut and make up my usual winter uniform. I did branch out and order this super similar sweater from Nordstrom last month and while its quite a bit softer, I’m interested to see if it holds up as well.
5. Sperry Boat Shoes: We splurged on my first pair of plaid Sperries at Nordstrom Rack on our honeymoon as poor college students and I’ve loved the shoes ever since. They’re preppy and fun although I do get quite a bit more use out of the non plaid versions in my closet.
6. Ked Champion Sneakers: Classic, casual, comfy. I’ve been a fan of Keds since the seventh grade when I got my first pair (also plaid). I can’t wait for the day when Lincoln and I can have matching pairs.
7. GAP Maxi Dresses: I’ve talked about my love for these GAP maxi dresses on here often but sadly this year they don’t seem to have any great options with sleeves like in the past two years. The quality is great though and I wore them through the first half of my pregnancy.
8. Nine West Pumps: These are my alltime favorite heel and basically the only one I feel confident enough to walk in for long periods of time. They’re really comfortable (as far as high heels go) and I love the sleek look and how many colors they come in. I’ve tried the same shoe from a few different brands and haven’t liked any of them nearly as much.