- Our walk on Saturday was supposed to be warm and beautiful. We had a few days of nearly 50 degree weather when I switched out my winter jacket for a blazer. That nice weather ended about twenty minutes before our walk but I’ll take being outside with Ben just talking whatever the weather. (all pictures from that walk)
- Sometimes I go to bed much later then Ben. I’ll be up working on something for the blog into the early hours of the morning and crawl under the covers a few hours before he’s due to get up for work. He may be fast asleep, and he may not remember it in the morning, but whatever time I get into bed he snuggles in close and holds me. It makes me smile that in his subconscious he loves me too 🙂
- We put Ben’s GMAT score printout on the fridge last November. At least twice a week we still point it out to each other.
- This weekend we cleaned the apartment until 12:30 am, at which point we decided to watch Harry Potter instead of going to sleep. Who says married people go to bed early? (thank goodness for one o’clock church)
- We ate pasta for dinner four nights in a row last week. I’m going to branch out in my cooking, someday. (we made this and this for easy pasta dinners)
- We switched some of our bulbs in the living room to daylight bulbs and I LOVE them! Ben isn’t a huge fan of having the daylight and regular lights on at the same time (some of our fixtures wont take daylight bulbs) because of the mixed light colors, but we’re getting over that. I love how light it makes the room and the wonderful things it does for indoor pictures. When you come in after dark and flip on the switch it feels like midday in here 🙂
- We’ve essentially cut out netflix from our evening routine. Ben unwinds with a book while I’ve become a more avid pinner and instagrame. I think I need to follow the example of my husband and get off of social media – we’ll see 🙂
^^this lens doesn’t work so well for selfies, but I like them anyway 🙂
How darling is this lace collared top? I ordered a few peter pan collared shirts from SammyDress last month and I was really curious to see what I would get for a shirt listed under $7. It is definitely a layering piece and I wear the sheer top over one of these basic tees. Its not the quality you’ll get at J.Crew, GAP, or even Old Navy, but for over half what you would pay for something like this at Forever 21, I love that it can add a whole new look to a basic white tee. They have a ton of peter pan collared options (click here to see them all – but my favorite of the ones I got is this one).
on me // blouse: c/o SammyDress // shoes: Sperry // pants: Gap // coat: oh so old (love this and this white one on sale) // purse: Liz Claiborne