This fall outfit post may contain affiliate links.
Motherhood is hard and awesome. And not always at the same time. Sometimes the days are just long around here and there isn’t anything I can do besides get a good night’s rest and commit to being better tomorrow.
And so in honor of a wonderful day after a very hard one, here are a few things making me happy right now:
- Exercise! For about two years before we left Ohio I was at the gym 4-5 days a week. Sometimes I kept it super low key with stretching + walking to podcasts on the treadmill and other times it was an actual workout. With all of the moving this summer, getting settled in Boston, and the craziness of B-school, regular exercise fell through the cracks and it feels so good to be back at it again.
- Adelaide’s first words! She’s been saying “hi,” “hello,” and “here you go (hewoogo)” for awhile now but I’m starting to recognize a lot more of her sounds as words. Just yesterday she ran up and said “Iwuvoo” (I love you) and I about died of happiness. She’ll say “daeee” (daddy), “ball,” “boll” (bottle which means cup of milk), and some two syllable attempt at Lincoln that I still can’t decipher. I forgot how fun this stage is!
- My Birthday! I turn 27 tomorrow and we’re celebrating over the next week or so with lots of fun plans. But mostly I’m just excited to eat good food and get a little more sleep than usual. Lincoln asked me if I want cake but told me he wouldn’t help clean the apartment for my birthday.
- Lincoln’s emotional intelligence. This child is becoming SO aware of other people’s emotions and it’s really neat to watch. The other day he turned to me and said “I wuv you mama.” and then followed with “when I saw ‘I wuv you’ it makes you happy.” I love watching him grow up.
- Facetime. It’s little, but I love feeling connected to my family around the country. Whether it’s four minutes checking in with my sister in college before she runs off to class or my brother chatting with Lincoln while I make dinner, it has always made distance feel shorter for me. And the best was when my brother came home for a few days last week and Lincoln (who hadn’t seen him in person since the summer for a week and before that it had been over a year) RAN over saying “LOOK! IT’S UNCLE CALEB! HE’S HERE!” cue heart melting
- These jeans. I talked about them a few weeks ago but they feel like they’re leggings and they’re SO soft. I wear them more than I care to admit and have slept in them at least once and make the perfect piece for your favorite Fall outfit.
my fall outfit details:
I broke out this dress right after it arrived so please, ignore the wrinkles, but I have been loving trying out Amazon’s new (relatively) in-house fashion brands. I knew they carried a lot of different clothing options but didn’t realize until a few months ago they had their own brands available only to prime members. Lark & Ro has been my favorite so far, especially for dresses and dressier tops. Have you ordered anything from them before?
dress: Lark & Ro (an amazon company! with 2 day shipping and great quality)
jacket: Banana Republic (last years)
earrings: Sugarfix (Baublebar’s line for Target!), c/o
perforated booties: old but similar here for under $50
denim: GAP (old)
shoes: Freshly Picked in weathered brown (favorite shoes for babies learning to walk)