Today I’m sharing my own Christmas wishlist. Any 2-3 things off this would be fun to unwrap on Christmas morning. This post contains affiliate links.
Some years we get a week between Thanksgiving and December but this year the Monday after Thanksgiving is already December first! Have you started thinking about your own Christmas list?
Really what I would like for Christmas is for covid-19 to go away, to host a gathering of non-family members in my home, and to be able to plan trips to see loved ones. And also not to have 389201 masks floating around my car.
The Christmas magic in gifts for me is wrapped up in watching my kids open presents but here are a few things I wouldn’t mind unwrapping on Christmas morning:
- Lulu Align Joggers: I tried these on in-store last week and they are fantastic. They are INCREDIBLY soft. The fabric is thin but with lululemon you can trust the quality. The employee recommended sizing up and she was right (I wear a size 0-2 regularly, a size 2-4 in lulu leggings, and would do a 4-6 in these). They have a cropped and full length version (I’m 5’4″ and want the cropped). These are as comfortable as they get and work just as well for yoga as they do for errands. Now, how do I decide between the olive and the classic black?
- cashmere sweater: I’m looking for a classic sweater I can dress up with heels or lounge around in at home, preferably in rich cream color. I tried on this gorgeous Vince mockneck sweater last week but this one is a much better price point and 50% off. I love the oatmeal color in this sweater (also under $100).
- IVL Collective Illusion Sports Bra: I’ve been eying this sports bra for awhile (but saw it in person for the first time in Nordstrom last week). A trusted fitness instructor friend raves about her pieces from IVL and, while I’m not sure you’d ever see the fun mesh detailing because I wear a workout top over my sports bra 99.9% of the time, I still keep coming back to this one.
- Black classic pumps: I tried on this gorgeous pair of Manolo Blahniks for my birthday (and did not buy them) and it has me really wanting a great pair of black heels. Even more than that though, I would like a place to wear a great pair of black heels. Maybe next year?
- audiobooks: I’m not going to hit my goal of 100 books again this year but audiobooks are still my favorite personal habit from the last few years. I listen after dropping the kids off at school, while picking up things once they’re in bed, and sometimes in the shower. Audible credits are an easy win because there is always a list of books I’m hoping to read that aren’t available on Libby or Scribd.
- neuroscience flash cards: I start a new graduate course in January and I haven’t taken the neuroscience prerequisite. I’ve been listening to a few audiobooks but I would love these for quizzing myself all of January.
- a perfume set: One of my more superfluous goals has been to find a scent I really love. I always thought it would be fun to go on a perfume + cologne shopping date with Ben and pick out scents together but, we’ve been married almost 10 years and that hasn’t happened so this seems like the perfect alternative. I love that this kit sends you a handful of scents so you can try different ones and then you can redeem the included coupon for one free full size bottle of your perfume of choice.
- hair ties that don’t leave a crease: Adelaide has some bright sparkly ones like this and I steal them regularly. It is probably time to get myself some basic black ones. I love that they don’t leave a crease in your hair which is particularly great for exercising when you aren’t washing your hair afterwards.
- Sezanne: I first heard of this brand from a targeted instagram ad right before a girl’s trip to Paris two years ago and have been a big fan ever since (a shot from their Paris store at the top of this post). Their physical store in Paris is GORGEOUS and the striped top I came home with is still a favorite. Just about anything from their site would be a happy Christmas surprise but I’ve been eying this sweater (that can be worn forward or backward) since last year.
- new 2021 planner: Last year for Christmas Ben got me this planner from SugarPaper via Anthropologie. I was hesitant because it had a different setup than I’m used to but it was SUCH a great gift and I’d love the full sized version for next year. This is the one I’m hoping for but I need to compare the quality to the line they did for Target because this one looks incredibly similar at half the price (and look at it in this gorgeous sage color!).
- L.L. Bean slippers: Winter is frigid and we spend most of our time at home indoors. L.L. Bean makes my all time favorite winter boots and these slippers look like they’re just as warm.
- A matching lounge set: Lounge sets are everywhere these days and given that I mostly just leave the house for school drop-off and pickup, this would be the item on my list that gets the most use (behind the slippers). When I asked for great lounge set recs awhile back the #1 that came back was Lou and Grey. These are the joggers and this is the sweatshirt. When I’ve checked over the last few months sizes are frequently out of stock so if you see a color you want, grab it.
- Tissue Turtleneck: I heard wonderful things about these super thin turtlenecks, especially as great layering pieces to add dimension to sweater outfits during the winter. J.Crew is running 50% off for black Friday making these only $20.
- Dudley Stevens Park Slope Fleece: I have been living in my L.L. Bean fleeces the last month and a half in New England because fleece just keeps you warmer than anything else. I love how Dudley Stevens mixes timeless style with quality fleece that holds up wear after wear. They’re a higher price point than a lot of other fleece and you can still get a dressed up look with these fleeces (or just wear them with leggings around the house).
- Silk sleep mask: Ben and I swap off sleeping in on weekends (right now I get Saturdays and I wake up with the kids on Sundays). When I roll over and go back to sleep on Saturday morning I always wish I had something to block out light. This one has over 3000 positive reviews and is under $10.
- Magic Spoon Cereal: Have you seen this cereal all over instagram? I love cereal but I’ve been trying to move to more protein + fat heavy breakfasts and away from carbs (and the ensuing energy crash) in the morning. Supposedly these taste like regular sugar cereal but they have very little sugar and very high protein. I’ll report back and let you know if they’re worth the hype.
- Land O Lakes Hot Chocolate: Have you tried Land O Lakes Hot Chocolate? You know a company that makes butter is going to have delicious anything. This is the best hot chocolate I’ve found but it can be hard to find. A box of the Caramel, Mint, or French Vanilla (or Hazelnut) in my stocking would be delicious. The variety pack on Amazon is the best deal and these four flavors are DELICIOUS (the supreme is like classic hot chocolate).
And now I have to know, what is on your Christmas list?
Do you have anything on this list? Do you love it?