I think I watched half an hour of the Superbowl once, when I was twelve. I can’t remember seeing it since. Sometimes my mom or brother would catch the last part of the game after Sunday with the family but it was never a family affair. A week from Sunday I’ll be in Utah so I’m sharing my five Superbowl Alternatives, a few of the things I’m likely to be doing instead of watching the game (this won’t stop me from sharing some big game entertaining tips on the blog next week though :).
- Make cookies with my old roommate. One of my best friend’s just got off her mission from Russia and I haven’t seen her in almost two years. It would be a throwback to a typical Sunday in “pre-marriage” Elisabeth’s life. Those cookies were some of my earliest excuses to invite Ben over 😉
- Play games with Carly and Ryan. Remember the couple we saw in Mass over break (see this post), well we used to spend just about every Sunday night with them playing games. A few of our favorites: Dominion, Rook, Bananagrams.
- Catch up with the cousins. The first Sunday of every month, my aunt and uncle in Utah have all the college kids up for dinner. Lucky for me, that means Superbowl Sunday. We’re a rowdy bunch but its so fun to get the candid updates on everyone’s month. How I’ve missed those dinners.
- A walk in the park. Everything will be pretty much empty during the game and if its warm enough in Provo next week, I would love to take advantage of the deserted parks. Ben and I used to take casual Sunday bike rides on Sunday and without Ben or my bike, this would be the next best thing.
- Hike in the canyon. Even if its too cold for the park, braving the elements to be in Utah’s mountains would be worth it. Sometimes we’d take our Sunday walks up there and it always reminds me of the few night hikes we went on while we were dating.
This giveaway is open to US residents only.
p.s. Thanks Carly for putting this giveaway together, thanks Casey for snapping these yesterday, and I ordered the blouse I’m wearing in a M and it fits like a S. I love