dressy sweatshirt (sold out): J Crew Factory (more cute sweatshirts here) // the most comfortable jeans (more everyday jeans here) // belt // classic sneakers (more cute sneakers here) // diaper backpack: Fawn Design
We made the drive up to my parents this afternoon and have declared this the easiest year for Christmas travel in our entire marriage. One hour and three minutes in a car with two toddlers trumps full days of flying cross country (last year with FOUR connecting flights to make it to California).
We have a few days before the rest of the family gets here, and I’ll actually have a few hours back at our apartment tomorrow (I can clean up a few things, and grab the stockings I forgot), but the Holiday season is in full swing over here.
In addition to the Christmas traditions I shared yesterday, here are a few things I’m looking forward to this holiday season:
- Benjamin! He has FIVE weeks off and, while he’ll be interviewing for internships in January, it’s still SO much more time with him than we’ve had all semester.
- Old friends: These last few months of business school have meant so many new and incredible people. And really, the people have been the very best part…but there is something so comforting about spending time with people who have always known you, who already love you, you know?
- Peppermint Pinwheels: This is my very favorite Christmas cookie and my mom makes them every year. While googling the recipe for you (this is the closest one I found online), I found this old video I shot with Kroger two years ago and I can’t believe how little Lincoln is!
- Siblings: Two of my three siblings will be home in the next few days and on Christmas we’ll get to skype with my sister who is serving a mission for our church in South Korea!
- Star Wars: I don’t think we’ve seen a movie in theaters together since… the last Star Wars came out? I’m usually more of a “wait ’till I can rent it on Amazon and watch it for $4 on my couch” kind of girl but the whole family will go (minus the toddlers) and I’m excited.
- Purging: In 750 square feet we don’t have much room for a lot of unnecessary stuff and I’ve learned I’m just happier when cabinets are more empty and space has less clutter. We also have lots of boxes in my parents basement from our move this summer to go through and I’m anticipating being less attached to things after surviving without them for three months.
Excited about anything fun this holiday season?
And a note on this outfit: I love getting dressed up as much as the next girl, but on most days, I’m in a comfortable pair of jeans and a tee shirt (long sleeved, short sleeved, maybe embellished, but a tee shirt). This sweatshirt has a little lining on the neckline and the sleeves to make it look like you’re wearing a blouse underneath a sweater… but really the whole thing is just a cozy sweatshirt. This one sold out but I’m on the hunt for more sneaky sweatshirts so I’ll keep you posted!