Here’s another installment of the dressed up boxed brownie mid! Clearly, we’ve been eating a lot of brownies at our house. You can’t go wrong with them though – they’re easy, delicious, and so fun to experiment with. Enjoy this minty edition while I’m off at my darling cousin’s wedding – and expect an onslaught of pictures in the next few days 🙂
What You’ll Need:
- 1 boxed brownie mix + all listed ingredients
- 1 extra egg
- 2 TBSP cream (can use milk)
- 2 drops of mint extract
- 1 package of Junior Mint Candies
- 2 C Powdered Sugar
- 2 TBSP hot water
What You’ll Do:
- Mix brownies as directed on box. Add the additional eggs and cream. Pour mix into a greased baking pan.
- Chop up the Junior Mint Candies (I cut them in half) and place in batter. Use finger or spoon to cover each candy completely by surrounding batter.
- Bake as directed on box.
- For the frosting: Whip powdered sugar, water, and mint flavoring (you can add green food coloring if you want).
- For frosting the brownies, you can stripe the pan with the frosting and sprinkle with additional Junior Mint crumbs, or you can cut each brownie out as pictured. For the second serving option (great for parties), wait until the brownies have completely cooled. Then, use a cup or cookie cutter to cut out circles. Pipe frosting onto each brownie and top with a candy piece.