With a cute new feature here on Bella, today I’m sharing the necessaries for our camera bag. We’re not professional photographers, but I treat Remmington (our Nikon D5200) like our baby and Ben is getting pretty good behind the lens.
- The worst thing that can happen when shooting is to run out of space on your SD card. We always shoot with a 16 gig card and a smaller card or two on hand.
- I’ve been instructed to never again wipe our lens with my sleeve. You can get a generic cloth for $6 or grab one of these cute pastel ones here.
- Spray bottles are perfect for adding a texture to a shot to make it visually appealing (you get the morning dew on that leaf without waking up at the crack of dawn). Just make sure there’s a lid. I found this one on amazon for $2 but you could easily use a sample toner bottle in your makeup bag.
- Have business cards on hand to quell uneasy security guards or introduce yourself to potential clients (or blog readers, or best friends).
- We have a mini tripod from our last camera but they conveniently screw into the bottom of a DSLR and make it easy to stabilize on uneven (or dirty) surfaces. Grab one for less than $20.
- Whether you’re taking your own outfit pictures, getting the group together for a shot, or trying to get an amazing with a perfectly still camera, you need a $10 wireless remote.
- A few other good things to keep on hand: trash bags, hair ties, and extra camera battery.