I couldn’t help falling in love with you as…
- I watched you fold the baby clothes and arrange them in the new (very incomplete) nursery.
- you whispered a prayer in the morning when you still thought I was asleep.
- you sang your loudest in our new house, with no neighbors close enough to hear.
- your breathing calmed as I climbed into bed next to you, a few hours after you’d gone to sleep.
- you reached over to hold my hand in the car, just like you did the first time, on that long drive back from California four years ago.