A gratitude list ( a little late):
- Family an hour away.
- And friends that are starting to feel like family just down the hall (and across the building, and down the street).
- The reminder that every stage is a phase. Because my sanity could really benefit from one of my children sleeping longer.
- Ben’s work ethic.
- An apartment that can be cleaned in less than an hour.
- Gyms with free child care.
- Healthy, happy, kind children.
- Companies that deliver my groceries (Amazon Fresh + HelloFresh for the win)
- The opportunity to get paid for doing something that is so much fun.
- Kind words from strangers.
- A forgiving God.
- Pajamas that look like regular clothes (I’ve been living in these pants and this shirt – just not at the same time 🙂
And because so many of you said the instagram stories of what I was shopping on Black Friday was helpful – here’s what I ordered:
I love getting recommendations on things to buy but I also really like seeing what other people are actually buying, instead of just talking about. Most of the sales are STILL going on!
- This Hanes sweatshirt for under $6 (with prime shipping). It comes in a ton of colors and I ordered the blush.
- A half fleece zip from Abercrombie. It’s the first time I’ve bought something from there since…middle school? And while I usually think of their scantily clad models and poor taste in advertising, right now I want all the preppy staples on their site :0. Everything is still 50% off for cyber Monday and while the half zip fleece sold out in most colors now (I love the navy they still have!), I’ve been eyeing these pieces too:
- A few pairs of heels and loafers from the amazing Nine West sale. Nine West’s pointy pumps are some of my favorites and over the last few years I’ve owned them in a couple different colors. I ordered a few options for a black tie event we have early next month (I won’t keep them all) and then couldn’t resist the price of some of the sale options! Pro tip – sign up for their newsletter before you order and they’ll let you stack the 15% off on top of the current 60% off (which works ON TOP of current sale prices and they give you free shipping). I linked what I actually purchased below but there are SO many good options (and the NW brand runs TTS):
- This down coat from J. Crew factory at an amazing price for the cold winters in Boston.
- A few too many things from Gap for the whole family. Use code cyber for an additional 50% off through today. You can see the jumble of things we ordered below:
- I saved a few other purchases for today and I’m getting this tablet for Lincoln for Christmas to listen to audiobooks and still trying to decide on a little purse for Adelaide (maybe this one?).
- I also ordered these matching duck boots for the kids last week and they just arrived – the kids love them and they’re perfect for wet winter walks. (Lincoln’s toddler ones here and Adelaide’s smaller version here)
- The dress I’m wearing is from Pink Blush and it’s currently 40% off (it has pockets and is softer than almost all my pajamas).
All the Cyber Monday Sales I didn’t shop but had fun browsing through:
- LOFT: 50% off and free shipping using code “CLICK”
- Nordstrom: Extra 20% off on the black Friday sale prices today only
- Shopbop: Additional 35% off sale items
- Mixbook (where we’re ordering our holiday cards) and our favorite place for photobooks – 55% off!
- West Elm: Up to 70% off across their family of brands! If you need pieces for your home – don’t miss this one.
- J. Crew: 40% off and then 10% off through Noon!
- Hanna Andersson has $25 kids pajamas! (the lowest I’ve seen our favorite pajamas in awhile) and FREE SHIPPING today only which I’ve never gotten before.
What about you? What is on your gratitude list? What did you buy during these amazing sales? Let me know in the comments below!
dress c/o PinkBlush and it’s the most comfortable thing in my closet right now! (shop it here)
photos from a fun “anniversary” shoot with the darling Lauren Dobish