Our Pizza Creations:
Pizza 1: Alfredo sauce (in a saucepan whisked cream, flour, butter, and parmesan), roasted tomatoes, roasted and mashed garlic, feta cheese, and basil.
Pizza 2: Pesto (Classico from a jar), roasted red peppers, roasted garlic, and feta cheese.
Pizza 3: Alfredo sauce, pesto, roasted tomatoes, roasted garlic, basil, and feta cheese.
Pizza Dough Recipe
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 envelope (2 1/4 tsp.) yeast
- 1 1/4 cups water, at room temp
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 C flour
- 2 C whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- olive oil or non-stick cooking spray for greasing bowl
- Measure the warm water into a liquid measuring cup. Dissolve the yeast and set aside for 5 minutes. Stir in the room temperature water and oil.
- Mix flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Slowly add the liquid ingredients and continue to mix at low speed until a cohesive mass forms. Knead for five minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic. Form the dough into a ball, put it in a deep oiled bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in size, about 1 ½ to 2 hours. Press the dough to deflate it.
- Heat the oven to 500° for at least 30 minutes with pizza stone or pan in oven. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide the dough into two equal pieces (or for this recipe with smaller pizzas I did three). Form both pieces of dough into smooth, round balls and cover with a damp cloth.Let the dough relax for at least 10 minutes but no more than 30 minutes (I totally skipped the ‘relaxing’ part and it worked fine).
- Working with one piece of dough and keeping the other covered, shape the dough and transfer to a pizza peel or round of parchment dusted with semolina or cornmeal. Top as desired. Slide the dough onto the pizza stone. Bake until the crust edges brown and cheese is golden brown in spots, about 8 to 12 minutes. Repeat with remaining ball of dough or freeze for later use.